Author Topic: How do I start a subsystem?  (Read 2860 times)

klxdrt

How do I start a subsystem?
« on: June 30, 2005, 01:20:52 PM »
I see this message: "the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start." when I am in the Outlook/Exchange drop down.

What is a subsystem??  Is the "provider" the same Provider that appeared in the Star Trek episode May 23, 1967?

I have WXP SVC PK2 & use Outlook Express for email. 

How do I start this phantom subsystem?  Also is there a skin that uses English titles rather than the obscure icons on the skins provided?

Thanks,

Herb

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: How do I start a subsystem?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 01:31:56 PM »
Hello

the provider is waiting for a subsystem to start

This means that the provider Outlook/Exchange waits for Outlook to start. Also this provider is for MS Outlook and MS Exchange mail clients only.If you don't use them you can shut down the provider.

What is a subsystem??

So the subsystem for this provider is MS Outlook or MS Exchange.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 01:33:56 PM by _x_m_a_s_ »
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 01:33:38 PM »
As said before, the message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook.
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that. In fact it's a plugin and not a 'provider'  8)
The best things in life are free.

Spyros

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 01:37:02 PM »
Also is there a skin that uses English titles rather than the obscure icons on the skins provided?
Right click the avast icon in system tray --> Choose "Program Settings" --> De-select "Enable skins for simple user interface" --> Close all avast! windows and then re-open it. Hope that works better for you; if not, just undo the actions and look for another skin here: http://www.avast.com/eng/skins.html

klxdrt

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 01:20:41 PM »
Thanks for the info.

Herb