Author Topic: Since 2 days ago I'm warned to update Avast & yet is it up to date...or is it?!  (Read 2628 times)

Twentry86

I dont' know what else to do.  I have Windows 7 here. The action center has messages that says you have to update.  I click on it, opens the action center and has a red bar to the left, so I click on it to expand and everything fine except virus protection which says is "out of date."   So I say "update now" and then a window says if I trust the publisher and I say yes...and then nothing happens.  So  I go and manually update it by going to Avast maintenance and updating the engine and program and usually take two seconds and it says they're up to date.  The program is at 8.0.1506 and the engine is 140227-0.  So either these are actually up to date and I'm getting the wrong warning or for some reason I can't update.  Any solution please?

Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:28:47 PM by Twentry86 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Avast is currently on version 9 (2014) and the VPS is 140308  any reason why you have not updated the programme

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
You can update to the latest  beta 9( 2014 ) here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=147290.0 it's quite stable :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
The latest regular release program version is avast 2014 - 9.0.2013, so your program isn't up to date.

Your version number is like an interim version to check for compatibility to migrate to avast 2014.
2014-01-27
    Support version for migration to AVAST 2014

Why the program update hasn't happened I don't know.

You could first try an avast Repair (and try the program update again) - :
win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

This has in the past resolved this out of sync issue between reported and actual VPS version.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 09:39:36 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Twentry86

Wow, you guys are on top of everything, such quick responses, thank you very much, great job, the repair option fixed it, I restarted and everything back to normal and now I have version 9, which seems to actually change the way Avast looks too a little with the menu on the left now, kind of like it.  Thanks again.

p.s. the only complaint I have is the captcha, it's brutal and I have a weak eyesight so it took me multiple times to post and then edit but that's a minor complaint...

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
The captcha is for the first three posts.
It's there as an anti-spam filter.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Wow, you guys are on top of everything, such quick responses, thank you very much, great job, the repair option fixed it, I restarted and everything back to normal and now I have version 9, which seems to actually change the way Avast looks too a little with the menu on the left now, kind of like it.  Thanks again.

p.s. the only complaint I have is the captcha, it's brutal and I have a weak eyesight so it took me multiple times to post and then edit but that's a minor complaint...

You're welcome.

Yes the captcha is tough, but it has to be like that to be effective. Only one more post to go and that is you done with captcha.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security