Author Topic: How do i make avast do security scans daily?  (Read 2162 times)

Nickc15

How do i make avast do security scans daily?
« on: April 06, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »
How do i make avast do schedueled security scans daily? I have the trial version of the Avast Internet security but the full version of the free security for my laptop. I want Avast to do like schedueled security scans daily, you know like phone securities do (like lookout security, CM security, ect.) but i cant figure out how to make it do that on my computer. Is there even an option to do that?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How do i make avast do security scans daily?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 09:21:19 PM »
Avast (all AV have ) have realtime protection so no need to scan evry day.... a quick scan a week is plenty
If you are paranoid i suggest activating the screensaver scan....

See FAQ section for how to scedule a scan or activate screensaver scan  www.avast.com > support > FAQ

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: How do i make avast do security scans daily?
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 09:25:24 PM »
With a resident on-access antivirus like avast, the need for frequent on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part the on-demand scan is going to be scanning files that would be otherwise be dormant or inert. If they were active files then the on-access file system shield would be scanning them before being created, modified, opened or executed.

I have avast set to do a scheduled weekly Quick scan, set at a time and day that I know the computer will be on. If for some reason my system wasn't on, no big deal I will catch up on the next scheduled scan.

But it can be done - avastUI > Scan - select the scan it is you want to run - now click the Settings > Scheduling - and set the scheduled timings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security