Author Topic: SafeZone Shockwave Player Crash  (Read 3211 times)

jefferson2013

SafeZone Shockwave Player Crash
« on: March 15, 2014, 01:13:31 AM »
hello - ... I am using Avast Internet Security 2014 on Win7 Home 64 bit. .... I have been unable to use my safezone because when I attempt to go to a web site, Chrome crashes and I get an error message that states;
"Shockwave flash may be busy or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete."
...... Prior to my installing Avast and opening SafeZone for the first time, I am not experiencing any problems with Shockwave flash on my non Safezone browsers (Firefox, Chrome and IE). As soon as I install Avast and first open and attempt to use SafeZone however, Shockwave flash crashes (in Chrome), and from there on flash is crashing regularly both inside Safezone and on my browsers outside of Safezone. ... Once I uninstall Avast and revert my hard drive to just before installing Avast, the flash crashing problem is no longer present. As soon as I re-install Avast and attempt to use Safezone again however, Shockwave flash again begins crashing and this once again is happening both inside and outside of Safezone. ..... I should explain that Adobe Flash player crashing is a problem for many people. I have learned this from searching on line. There are fixes however and I had to make them on my system to stop the problem. At this point however if I use SafeZone the problem returns and the only fix is for me to uninstall it and I want to use what I have paid for. If anyone knows the fix for this I would appreciate the help. ... I am not a techy so please keep that in mind if you attempt to help me. Thank you

AdrianH

Re: SafeZone Shockwave Player Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2014, 08:08:33 AM »
1) Flash  ( like other plugins) is disabled in SafeZone.

2) SafeZone is a separate browser based on Chromium, its purpose is for secure banking/online shopping, not general browsing.

3) If you have flash problems in other browsers check your flash installs.

jefferson2013

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2014, 07:13:41 PM »
Adrian -
I do understand the purpose of SafeZone. That is why I want to be able to use it without it causing flash to crash on my system. You state here that flash is disabled in SafeZone. Why then would it be operating in my SafeZone browser and crashing and causing flash to begin crashing on all browsers? If I go to my banks web site in SafeZone, I get flash crashing and I cannot use SafeZone because it is frozen. As I tried to explain in my OP, flash works fine in my other browsers until I first attempt to use SafeZone, and not for general browsing, but to do secure banking etc. It would appear that something in SafeZone is causing my flash player to begin crashing on all my browsers.

Jill122

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
Be sure that Chrome is set to launch from your desktop. 

You will likely get a pop up in Avast Safe Zone that you need to install Adobe flash -- but don't.  Avast should still keep working for your banking and although the notice says you might miss something, I have not noticed whatever it is I'm supposed to be missing.

We don't know what we don't know.

Hope that helps.