Author Topic: Error in Updating  (Read 2380 times)

Col Colt

Error in Updating
« on: July 04, 2005, 04:56:55 PM »
When I booted up just a few minutes ago, the avast pop up box that always comes up at the lower right of the screen usually indicated there have been updates...this time when it popped up, it read..."Summary-information about current update. Last encountered error: The system cannot find the file specified."

What happened and is there a recommendation for this error? It didn't indicate what file it couldn't find.

OK...I just tried updating manually and it updated to 0527-0 so, I suppose it's ok now. Don't know what happened with the auto update.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 04:59:53 PM by Col Colt »

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
Re: Error in Updating
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 07:00:30 PM »
It was that Avast couldn't connect to the server that time.
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 10:12:07 PM »
When I booted up just a few minutes ago, the avast pop up box ... Don't know what happened with the auto update.
A fast update after boot... could it be done even before your network was stablished?
If so, you can change (or add) the value AlwaysConnectedWaitSeconds value into the [InetWD] section of avast4.ini file.
You could set the number of seconds to wait before attempting to update. The default is 30 but it may not be enough in some DSL systems. In this case, you can try increasing this e.g. to 60 (1 minute). That should be enough.
More details here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1647
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 10:25:12 PM by igor »
The best things in life are free.

Col Colt

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 11:11:24 PM »
Must have been a fluke...hasn't happened today. You know how electronics are. What's strange today is gone tomorrow!! ;D