Author Topic: My license is out of date. Avast is ok?  (Read 3391 times)

Antigen

My license is out of date. Avast is ok?
« on: July 05, 2005, 09:16:49 PM »
Dear users, I need a little help. My license of Kaspersky Antivirus is out of date  :'( The Best protection for my pc is end  :'(   Now I need to find a solution, Kaspersky is good but too heavy in term of resource.
I want to test all the solution for choice the better. I have see different solution. What is the difference in pratical protection from Avast Home and Avast Pro?
I need to compare Avast with Antivir, AVG and other Antivurs (McAfee, Norton ecc....). I need really high protection, I want the better for my PC in this side :D
Some suggestion?

P.S: Avast scan the DOC/XLS/ ecc...  file? (the office file)
P.P.S: how many file Avast detect? (to make a comprative with other solution)

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: My license is out of date. Avast is ok?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 09:32:25 PM »
What is the difference in pratical protection from Avast Home and Avast Pro?

See here >>> http://avast.com/eng/av4_version_comp.html

You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Antigen

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 09:47:56 PM »
The only difference is the script scanner. But Avast is comparable to the security that Kasparsky give to me?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 10:11:07 PM »
The two programs may offer different functionality, something in one that is not in the other, you must compare that functionality and decide on what best meets your needs. As you have already mentioned Kaspersky is heavy on resources and in the same time you state you need high protection, there is a compromise to be made.

avast! is a very flexible highly configurable AV option that is generally lighter on resources (than many of the other AVs out there), whilst giving good levels of multi level protection.

Best of all you can test drive the Pro version for 60 days fully unrestricted use. This should give you more than enough time to evaluate the product. Go on you know it makes sense ;D not to mention there are many happy avast users who were Ex Norton, McAfee and AVG (me for one) users.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

MFB

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 02:32:31 AM »
I must say, I was a ex Norton, AVG, and McAfee user, right now I'm using avast! and I'm very happy with it.  (Despite the problems I had face with avast! for some time, mostly deal with the beta I'm testing right now).  Avast! will use a reasonable amount of resources from your RAM which will give you multi-protection such as Web Shield, P2P Shield, etc.  Avast! also comes with automatic updates so that avast! will always stay active against viruses.

Don't take my words for granted, click on this link to find out more:

Avast! Professional:  http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_professional.html

Avast! Home Edition: http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html