Author Topic: Secureline for Android: Works on ALL except 1 WiFi network  (Read 3270 times)

somenothingness

Secureline for Android: Works on ALL except 1 WiFi network
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:19:43 PM »
My VPN works fine and connects with ALL unsecured networks other than one.  Is it possible that the router on the network has a firewall or other limiting feature that is keeping me from using Secureline on that network?  I can connect and surf, but the VPN won't connect.  Gives me a time out error.  LG G2 VS980 VZW 4.2.2

somenothingness

Re: Secureline for Android: Works on ALL except 1 WiFi network
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 12:23:27 AM »
Also, what does this mean for my security if VPN is blocked?  Does this mean that there are other security measures in place, or that I'm out of luck with the usual security measures...IE, only browse on this wifi and use mobile data (if available) for sensitive items?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 11:19:31 PM »
My VPN works fine and connects with ALL unsecured networks other than one.  Is it possible that the router on the network has a firewall or other limiting feature that is keeping me from using Secureline on that network?  I can connect and surf, but the VPN won't connect.  Gives me a time out error.  LG G2 VS980 VZW 4.2.2

It's not as critical that the VPN won't connect if the network you are connecting to is "Secured"
If it is "Unsecured" then I would not use it for transferring sensitive data. :)

somenothingness

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 11:21:40 PM »
The network I am referring to is not secured.