Author Topic: Win 7doesnt start after avast reboot...  (Read 3278 times)

Yakima

Win 7doesnt start after avast reboot...
« on: March 18, 2014, 09:38:02 PM »
Hello everyone...
am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1 and unfortunately it seems i got some dirty things. My system did not start after necessary Avastboot for cleaning up finally the system. Avast history still shows the bad things. even am not able to create the rescue disk and i dont understand why.
Hope You'll are doing fine and the best to You.
Yakima

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Win 7doesnt start after avast reboot...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 09:53:01 PM »
Hi are you currently able to boot ?

If not can you access another computer to create a boot USB?

Yakima

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:40:27 PM »
Hi and thanx for spending time...
Yes, currently i can boot and the win still works pretty well. Its not 1st time I got that and always I turned off the computer. Am not having much time to make a new windows right now and also this area isnt my favorite. Am working hardly in graphics.
Through that I did not knew I've to formate the usb device FAT32 what am currently doing. Hopefully after I can have an USB Avast recue program that works. Even I think the best will be a new setup for feeling clean. Unfortunately I really cant get it in mind that avast boot after found virus isnt able to bring the windows back working. For all I do understand now from this so the only thats left is thats a virus or something else that kind.
Thanx again and have a good time.
Yakima

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 11:05:12 PM »
OK if you are able to get into windows we can run the programme from there, no need for a boot USB.  Could you tell me what Avast found 

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from. 
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Yakima

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 09:21:02 PM »
Hi and sorry for my late reply. I appreciate your help. Thanx.
I've found another way to get rid of that number. Another boot-time-scan found another virus or whatever and it moved it to virus chest. I was patient this time to wait til the boot was done... that was the difference. 2 another times i was thinking the windows hanged up itself. And I think it was so too. Whatever.. always the things come different and I made a system-restore and now its working well... like new. (only 5 days old.. so not too much lost)
The other thing you posted here... I did that and I do have the files. Yet am not well with that I do post it here. Sorry... not in this time anymore. I know its prohably not the right place.. yet may I ask you if you know something where I have a good and solid description how to build a win7-dvd that also is a repair and boot disk?? I'd like to build me one yet its a little confuse yet what exact I've to do... you know.
Have a Good Time.
Yakima

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 09:26:01 PM »
Check your PM for a download link for a win 7 recovery console

Download the following two programmes to your desktop :

1.  Rufus 

For 64bit systems  
2.Windows 7 64bit RC Link in PM

Insert the USB stick Then run Rufus

Select the ISO file on the desktop via the ISO icon. 

Press Start Burn

You now have a bootable USB

Yakima

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 09:33:59 PM »
Wow and thank you very much. Give me a little time to get this all in my mind and after I'll let you know what I did.
Thanx Again.
Yakima

Yakima

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2014, 09:10:17 AM »
Hello..
the things you did here may be easy for you yet for me still some is really new. anyway I did it and I do have now an USB device for the next critical situation. Lol. Still there's no reason to install windows new its working pretty well.. almost the same like fresh installed. Maybe you do understand that... its the best windows I ever had and it would be awful to kill it. Am changing too much and it would take alot time to get it again working similar fine way. (Yet I like to change and most its working)
I've to thank you again for your help. Its important for me that you know this.
I wish You a Good Time.
Yakima