Author Topic: Avast Renewal Query  (Read 3164 times)

mikel123

Avast Renewal Query
« on: March 20, 2014, 12:33:30 AM »
I have been purchasing Avast AntiVirus for several years. For the past week or so my Avast program has been advising me that it would expire "soon"....( in 19 days from today to be exact).

I elected to renew today and paid my money and received the "new" license detail etc. I installed the renewal detail, but am surprised to see that the "renewal period" starts from today and not from the date 19 days hence when the "old" renewal period expired.

I have effectively "lost" three weeks etc. Is this normal, and if so...I am glad I did NOT elect to renew when the program started to "tell" me it was about to expire.

Surely, the new rewnewal date should commence from the day the "old" period expires?......\\

Hardtek1976

Re: Avast Renewal Query
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:40:16 AM »
Email sales@avast.com

mikel123

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 04:12:43 AM »
Thank you......email sent..... I will advise results.......\\\

mikel123

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 04:19:53 AM »
That email address is not valid. The email was returned as "Address Unknown".....\\

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 04:22:03 AM »
I have been purchasing Avast AntiVirus for several years. For the past week or so my Avast program has been advising me that it would expire "soon"....( in 19 days from today to be exact).

Surely, the new rewnewal date should commence from the day the "old" period expires?......\\

Apparently not.
I have read other accounts
License is activated from date of Renewal.

mikel123

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 07:07:58 AM »
I am surprised. I buy a 12 program.....the program starts to warn me it will "expire" in 30 days....if I choose to renew at first warning.....I loose the last 30 days of my original purchase.

Avast can't loose can they????.........\\\

mikel123

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 12:23:16 AM »
Following is a copy of the email response from Avast Customer Service. I'm impressed..\\

===================================

Hello,

thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to extend/adjust the license from our end, but avast! tech support can. To contact avast! tech support, please do the following:

1) Go to https://support.avast.com/

2) Click on "Submit a Support Ticket"

3) Click on "Avast Technical support"

4) Click on "I am an Existing Avast Customer and..."

5) Click on "I Want to Ask a Technical question about an Avast product, or Report a Technical Problem Which is Not Listed Above".

You will then be taken to the contact form.

Explain the issue, and refer to your order No. and the email used to place the order. They will then generate a new license file for you.

=====================================================

Thanks Avast......\\\

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2014, 02:25:58 AM »
Following is a copy of the email response from Avast Customer Service. I'm impressed..\\

===================================

Hello,

thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately, we are unable to extend/adjust the license from our end, but avast! tech support can. To contact avast! tech support, please do the following:

1) Go to https://support.avast.com/

2) Click on "Submit a Support Ticket"

3) Click on "Avast Technical support"

4) Click on "I am an Existing Avast Customer and..."

5) Click on "I Want to Ask a Technical question about an Avast product, or Report a Technical Problem Which is Not Listed Above".

You will then be taken to the contact form.

Explain the issue, and refer to your order No. and the email used to place the order. They will then generate a new license file for you.

=====================================================

Thanks Avast......\\\

Nice, Good to hear!