Author Topic: Background mode  (Read 2723 times)

markb12

Background mode
« on: July 04, 2005, 06:16:06 AM »
Is there any way I can configure Avast free home to work totally in the background so it will delete or repair the discovered infected files and not give me notifications?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Background mode
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 02:50:04 PM »
To work totally in the background and have the functionality of repair, move to chest, delete, etc. you will require the Pro version.

The home free version is limited to moving infected files to the chest. A small restriction when compared to the value of the program.
The pro version for obvious reasons is more flexible. The programmers have to eat ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

markb12

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 03:49:59 PM »
..so can i have it in the background in the "chest" mode.I do not care what it does actualy as long as it does not pop up message all the time .

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 03:59:38 PM »
..so can i have it in the background in the "chest" mode.I do not care what it does actualy as long as it does not pop up message all the time .

In Home version you can only use Silent Mode:
Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea...

Silent mode in the case of the WebShield provider simply means that avast will keep pressing the "Abort connection" button for hte user automatically.
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 07:46:19 PM »

Personally I don't use silent mode, because I want to know what is going on with my system. If someone is getting so many warnings of virus infection, infected emails, etc. that they become intrusive, then it is time to review their security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security