Author Topic: SafePrice  (Read 5035 times)

nappius

SafePrice
« on: March 19, 2014, 09:58:11 AM »
Hello,

why do avast add this "function" to avast without some infos? This tool is illegal in germany! They sent a lot of data to avast and punish us with spam, this is very unfunny :(

can we have some feedback for this?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: SafePrice
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 10:17:18 AM »
If you don't want it go into the Avast Online Security ( Browser Protection ) setting and untick Safeprice.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 10:34:59 AM »
You are wrong. The tool is legal in the entire EU.
You as the user has the choice to use it or not.

nappius

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 10:43:14 AM »
why? functions like this a not legal in germany, ( please read § 3b ff bdsg), data havasting without information is NOT legal in germany!

so i must
1. find out that avast collect my data and sell it for money and share it with the complete world
2. find out how to disable it
3. see that this not works fine, while i delete my cookies every day.

normaly i use an anspam/crap ware tool to avoid this kind of software, not to install it. its very ironic, that a "security" programm collect data form the user and sell it...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 11:45:12 AM »
That law does not apply.
1) There is a lot of information what Safe Price is, what it does etc.
2) It is not harvesting data as mend by that law.
3) No data is sold.
4) avast clearly communicated it was a new option. If you installed it and/or use it, it was your own voluntary choice.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 11:48:31 AM by Eddy »

nappius

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 02:29:45 PM »
That law does not apply.
1) There is a lot of information what Safe Price is, what it does etc.
where? not in the update notes, not in the legal information
2) It is not harvesting data as mend by that law.
it havest personal date, this means data in this law
3) No data is sold.
sure... and the internet is not watched
4) avast clearly communicated it was a new option. If you installed it and/or use it, it was your own voluntary choice.
i have not choice seen in the update for this, i has been installed and actived without a ok from user side.
a clear choise was the chrome update, but here is notthing like this.

i see it only in the checkouts for our company for a new virus scanner ( 1000+clients) but with this is directly out

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 05:17:06 AM »
1)
Yes in the update notes, as well on the the website.

2)
No avast is not, as is clearly stated on their website.
As clearly stated, avast is not harvesting any personal data at all.

3)
Selling data and "watching the internet" as you call it are two entirely different things.
Watching is nothing new.
Even old cultures like the Chinese, Romans etc already did watch everything they could.

4)
That is because you did not read.
You for sure did had the choice to install AOS or not.
No one, except for yourself, can do anything do about it.

i see it only in the checkouts for our company for a new virus scanner ( 1000+clients) but with this is directly out
What new virus scanner? What checkout?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 09:14:11 AM »
Hello,

why do avast add this "function" to avast without some infos? This tool is illegal in germany! They sent a lot of data to avast and punish us with spam, this is very unfunny :(

can we have some feedback for this?

Feedback (German): http://blog.avast.com/de/2014/03/19/avast-safeprice-was-es-macht-und-wie-nutzer-es-bei-bedarf-entfernen-konnen/
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

nappius

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 10:53:56 AM »
Have read the feedback.

the windows with the infos for safeprice is new and will only work if someone install it new. all other will be not informed about this.
this new function is not a  "normal" update and was not communicated to the user. nobody checks the webside every time he make the daily virus scaner update.
A price check function is one of the useless things for a virusscanner, was come next? a tool to order pizza?

Avast havest data and send it to avast, nobody can check what avast do with this. you will say you have to trust avast, but if avast deploy this tool first without the question if we want it or if we activate it, avast can not be trusted.
the data and the service are not common for a securty programm and if this happend on company level, we have very big problems.

this is why i'm stopping using it private and kick it from our testing for the company.