Author Topic: Action Center stating 2 problems after installing latest build (9.0.2016)  (Read 2514 times)

1:spyware and unwanted software protection ( important )
windows defender and avast anti virus both report that they are turned off

2:virus protection ( important )
avast anti virus reports that it is turned off

First off I do not use windows defender because it is a complete joke and it is ALWAYS turned off by me!!!

Anyways, both of these issues popped up after installing avast latest build thru the update button inside avast.

I have rebooted several times and nothing changes and I still have the two warnings in the action center on my wife's win 7 pc.

Before I start all the crazy diagnostic stuff has anybody else seen this problem? Should I try a REPAIR? A CLEAN UNINSTALL IN SAFE MODE/ REINSTALL etc,etc.etc

I am not going to click on IGNORE warnings in the action center because it should not be doing this in the first place.

I run avast premier and malwarebytes pro and that's it.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 02:39:28 AM by 101010101010101 0101010101 »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
I've read of others instances of this occurring and have had it occur myself some time back. If a reboot has not cleared the issue it really is no bother to go ahead and do a Repair and then Reboot.
Clean Install as final option only takes maybe 15minutes. :)

Well I just tried a repair and it did not work!!

So I download the uninstall tool and ran it in safe mode then booted up and did a fresh install of premier and now everything is fine and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks!!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Well I just tried a repair and it did not work!!

So I download the uninstall tool and ran it in safe mode then booted up and did a fresh install of premier and now everything is fine and the problem has been resolved.

Thanks!!

No worries, U did the work. ;)
Good to see all is good

soulstace

The ability to repair or uninstall in safe mode is a great feature.  Some other AV products (which shall remain nameless) don't provide this, and actually yield errors instead.  Stupid is as stupid does, I guess..