Author Topic: How do I turn off SafeZone  (Read 2423 times)

Arthur Dent

How do I turn off SafeZone
« on: February 04, 2014, 09:47:26 PM »
Before I updated to Avast Pro Antivirus Program version 2014.9.0.2013 I never saw the SafeZone bar asking me to switch to SafeZone.  Now I see it for every website I visit and on every page within the website that I visit.  I haven't found a way to turn it off yet.  I went to SafeZone and took the check mark out of "Automatically switch to SafeZone for pre-defined banking & shopping sites".  This didn't help.  I rebooted my computer and went back to a banking website and still see the Switch to SafeZone bag.  I click on the "Don't offer SafeZone" button but the very next web page on this banking web site the "Switch to SafeZone" bar popped up again.  I closed my browser and opened again and went to another website to see the "Switch to SafeZone button" appear again.  I clicked on the "Don't offer SafeZone" button and closed the browser.  I opened it again and went back to the same website and the "Switch to SafeZone" bar popped up again.

So my question is how do I turn off this SafeZone request.

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Latest version of Internet Explorer and Firefox
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:49:10 PM by Arthur Dent »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: How do I turn off SafeZone
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 10:06:34 PM »

Arthur Dent

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 06:09:42 AM »
Pondus - Your suggestion was most unhelpful.  I posted my question here because I couldn't find anything when I searched earlier.  Perhaps you could point out something I missed.

I actually submitted my question as a support ticket and received a very helpful response that solved my issue.

helkav

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 11:03:57 AM »
I have just gone through the process of removinjg grimefighter via control panel -> uninstall/change -> deselecting grimefighter

I noticed safezone could also be deselected in there. does that help you?

wwchallengers

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:10:02 AM »
Arthur...

Could you please share what Support told you to do??  I am facing the same issue and found your post.

thanks in advance,
Ed