Author Topic: v2016 Pop-up Notification Not Working on My Laptop  (Read 1519 times)

plsrepli

v2016 Pop-up Notification Not Working on My Laptop
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:33:36 AM »
Hello all,

I can't figure this out. I have a desktop running Win 8.1 and the virus definition update notifications are working properly; however, I also have a laptop running Win 8.0 and I do not get the update notifications. Both are set exactly the same (e.g., show update notifications) and the installation of Avast v2016 were done at the same time via clean install (after running aswclear).

I also had a different problem on the same laptop where it was stuck sending stats for extended periods of time; however, a repair install seems to have fixed that issue. In the meantime, I am going to try another clean install of v2016 on my laptop but I just wanted to see if there are any known issues with regard to my situation. Btw, I do get the "sales advertisement pop-ups" on the laptop so that function seems to be working. FYI, both were updated to 140324-0 this morning. The desktop showed the pop-up but the laptop did not.

Thanks,

plsrepli 

plsrepli

Re: v2016 Pop-up Notification Not Working on My Laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:01:10 PM »
Update: I just did another clean install and now the pop-ups work. FYI, I must have had some sort of file corruption but I can figure out how that happened. Anyway, thanks to all.

plsrepli