Author Topic: Win7 User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.  (Read 29127 times)

Busymama62

I don't know if there could be a virus involved or not.  The Avast Forum has helped us a number of times and here I am again...

This is our daughters computer.  It is a Compaq Presario CQ56 Windows 7 Home Premium. She knows it is on it's last leg so to speak but wants to get the  photos and other data off of the computer.  Upon booting today when we tried to logon we get the following message...The user profile service failed the logon.  User profile cannot be loaded.   We went to Microsoft and followed the directions for booting in Safe mode and then going into user settings and then "Create another account"  Except the problem is when we click create another account nothing happens.
Can anyone help us out?  Thank you!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
To backup the data you could use OTLPE on a CD and then use a USB to transfer data

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing

•Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
•Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
•Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn  to burn the file to CD

•Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created and an XP style desktop will be opened.

Busymama62

Thank you!  Have the OTLPENet.exe downloading now and will burn to cd.

Busymama62

I have the CD ready.  When she gets back we she will get out the external hard drive which attaches by USB and we will give this a try.

Do I just right click and delete to remove from my computer?

Thanks!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Yes that will remove it from the desktop, if you like I can check out the system to see if there is an easy solution :)

Busymama62

Yes we will do that.  The main thing she wants to do right now is get everything she can off the laptop and onto her external hard drive.  Hopefully we will do that tomorrow.  I had a class that I attend on Monday nights and had to leave and she didn't want to try things by herself.  Once she has everything off that she wants off and we don't have to worry about loosing things I will let you know and we can get the process started.  Thanks a Bunch!!!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
No problem let me know when you are ready, I will monitor this thread

Busymama62

Sorry for the delay.  She and I both have been supper busy and  now a virus is making its round around the house.  I must be doing something wrong, I have tried twice to reboot her laptop with the OTLPENet.exe cd in the cd drive and it is still booting in Windows 7 and is not accepting the password.

I must be doing something wrong. 

Thanks for your help!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Do you have the computer set to boot from CD ?

Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from  CDfollow the steps here

Busymama62

Thank you!  Upon trying this I got a Blue Screen stating the following...."A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.  IF this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drive  or hard drive controllers.  Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated.  Run CHKDSK ?F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP:  0x0000007B (0xF78DA528, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

For now leaving the laptop running with this screen up.
Thanks!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
That is indicating an inaccessible boot device,  from safe mode can you access command prompt at all

Busymama62

Let me try.  First do I just push the power button to shut down and close the Blue Screen?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Yes shut down and see if you can access the command prompt on the safe mode menu

Busymama62

I chose Safe mode with command prompt and have the black Safe Mode screen a box at the top that says Administrator: cmd.exe and some writing in the box looks like pretty standard info at the top of the box, then says...
C:\Windows\system32>

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Excellent at the command prompt type the following

chkdsk c: /r

Allow it to complete and try a reboot