Author Topic: Win7 User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.  (Read 29101 times)

Busymama62

Well, I did not get asked about either of those, the folders transferred but they are all empty.  Her AVG automatically found some items that is supposedly removed.  Would that have removed actually photos etc?

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
No where were the photos stored, can she recollect ?

Busymama62

I think I just found them!!!!  I decided to click on Users then Owner which is her profile and I found photos!!!  Going to ask her if this is all of them.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
You may be able to keep the computer up and running, copy all the data to the new user profile (as well as backing it up).  Then try it for a while and see if it works   

Busymama62

In the process of transferring to the External Hard Drive.  She has never done a back up!!!!  Said she doesn't know what that means!  We have all the photos and documents transferred.  Transferring Videos now, then will check the folder for other items and transfer those as well.  Once we get everything off of the laptop and on to the External Hard Drive, she says we can do what ever we need to do.  I really want to uninstall McAfee and AVG and install Avast and MalewareBytes.  Those are the programs I am familiar with and really love.  Do I need to remove the old User profile that is no longer accessible?  If so how do I do that?  We are supposed to be having some major storms tonight and when they come in, we completely shut down our computers and unplug them.  Better safe than sorry!   Oh, by the way, my daughter said she wishes you were near by instead of another Country because she would give you a big hug.  Our granddaughter is just 4 and there are many many many months of photos and videos you helped us to save. 

Thank you very much!

Busymama62

Well now that I think I have all files transferred, I am unable to eject the External Hard Drive from the computer.  She wanted me to eject it so as to not risk loosing any of the data that was transferred.  For the life of me I cannot figure out what program is open that is still using it.  Any ideas?

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Well now that I think I have all files transferred, I am unable to eject the External Hard Drive from the computer.  She wanted me to eject it so as to not risk loosing any of the data that was transferred.  For the life of me I cannot figure out what program is open that is still using it.  Any ideas?
You could simply power down the Computer in the normal way.
Once the computer has turned off, it will be safe to remove the External Drive. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Busymama62

That is what I was thinking about doing but wanted another opinion.  Any chance some of the files are still transferring even though it looks like they are completed?

Busymama62

Avast Full Scan found two items and was not able to repair them so moved them both to chest.  A boot time scan was needed to finish the clean up and some program would not let it do so.  What I decided to do since I can't leave the laptop running all night because of the storms that are coming in.  I have scheduled a Boot time scan the next time we boot.

The two items that were found were...

win32:Adware-AZL (ADW)
win32:Notre

Now I am wondering if I need to do a virus scan of her external hard drive.

Thanks again!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Once you are sure you have everything transferred then just delete the corrupt account http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/delete-a-user-account

One hug accepted :)

Powering down the computer will enable you to remove the external drive safely

For imaging the drives I use Macrium reflect and it works like a charm, I had to use it yesterday and I was back up and running in 15 minutes from start to finish  http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

I can look at the computer for you to determine what malware is present and remove it

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from. 
  • Please copy and paste log back here.
  • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.

Busymama62

I need to let her confirm that everything is on her External Hard Drive.  Is it normal for a External Hard drive to make noise when transferring data?  Or is that a sign of one that is so old it is about done all it will do?  I have the system doing the Avast Boot Scan right now.  It just got to late last night and then the storms moved in. 

Showing my ignorance here, what does imaging the drives mean?  Is it a form of backup?  If so where is the data stored?

Yes we want you to look at the computer to determine what else might be there and what else we should do.  I figure that after the Boot Scan is completed that I need to go ahead and update her MalewareBytes and run a scan.  I discovered yesterday that she actually had MalewareBytes so either she or her ex-husband listened to me on that one.

Hopefully she can ck for the files today.  She doesn't go in to work till this afternoon but is out running errands right now.

Thanks again!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
A disc image is basically a copy of your entire disc drive that you save onto an external USB drive (or a very large USB flash drive)

Some backup programs only back up user files; boot information and files locked by the operating system, such as those in use at the time of the backup, may not be saved on some operating systems. A disk image contains all files, faithfully replicating all data

Then if all goes to hell in a handbasket you can restore the entire drive back to the state it was in when you imaged it

Busymama62

Wow!  I like that!  Will have to do that myself. Thanks!!!

Well, I thought they listened to me.  When I opened MalewareBytes it was 805 days since the last update!!!!  Did an update and the scan has been going for a little over 4 minutes and has already found 11 items!

My daughter says she may not have time today to ck to see if we got all the files she is wanting so will have to wait on her before removing the corrupt account.  I am assuming we need to wait till we get that account removed to proceed with any of the other procedures.

Thanks again!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Nope we can continue even with it on there

Busymama62

The MalewareBytes is now finished.  I am attaching the log files one before removal of 85 items and one after removal.  It hits me now I probably should have done virus scans before transferring her files.  Guess I need to hook her External Hard Drive and scan it with both Avast and MalewareBytes.

I have not done the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool Yet.  Will down load after I send this message.

Well when attaching I notice I only have one log saved.  I don't know what happened.