Author Topic: Win7 User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.  (Read 29115 times)

Busymama62

The Farbar has two results.  Both are attached.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
There appear to be the remnants of some bad infections there, so I would like to check out the MBR as well for an inactive TDSS

Download the attached Fixlist.txt to the same location as FRST
Run FRST and press Fix
On completion a log will be generated please post that

THEN

Download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application

• Then click on Change parameters.

• Check the boxes beside Verify Driver Digital Signature, Detect TDLFS file system  and Use KSN to scan objects , then click OK.

• Click the Start Scan button.

• If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

• If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results and offer three (3) options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue => Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.

• Get the report by selecting Reports

• Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
Please attach its contents on your next reply.

Busymama62

I think that was the wrong file.  Well having trouble getting it to where I can attach it.  working on it.

Busymama62

Trying this again!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
There should be a fix.log with FRST could you attach that, as you attached my fixlist :)

Once the TDSSKiller has run could you let me know how the computer is behaving please 

Busymama62

I am totally confused either it wasn't there a few minutes ago before the restart or I just totally missed it.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Not a problem :)   It killed what I wanted

Busymama62

Part of my trouble is when downloading in Chrome it saves everything to a download folder. I don't know how to send to the desktop.  Is running TDSSKiller from the downloads folder ok?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Yes it should run OK from there

I will be going off line shortly so I will (hopefully) finalise all this tomorrow

Busymama62

I realize that we are on different time zones.  I think I will wait till tomorrow am here to run the TDSSKiller that way if I have questions or an issue you might be online.  I do appreciate all of your help.  Have a nice evening, night whatever the case may be.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
I'm  baack :)

Busymama62

Good Morning! Is Arnold Swartzenager at your house today?

I fixing to run the TDSSKiller

Busymama62

Well, This is surprising 0 objects found.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Nope, it was just that I wanted a double check :)

OK the big question ...   How is the beast behaving ?

Busymama62

Thanks!  I would say the best is misbehavinga little.  It is running rather slow at times.  I did just remove the remenants of a trial PC Tune Up product that kept popping up.  I know that there are updates waiting to be downloaded and installed so that may or may not help.  I also know that her ex-husband is a big "gamer" and I figure there are things on here from those games that can be removed but not sure how to figure that out.  Also, I figure it probably needs a defrag. 

What I can do to try and test it out is instead of doing my online stuff with my desk top today to use her laptop and I will tell her to do the same.

Using it is the only true way to test it out.