Author Topic: Win7 User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.  (Read 29031 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
That's the way, I would reckon that there is also a lot of temporary junk on the system.  I will clean that out with this small programme and then tidy away all the tools

Clear Cache/Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.  Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
THEN

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Download and run Delfix

: Keep Java Updated :

WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java
See this article and this article.
I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software.
In that instance I would recommend that you disable Java in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it. (See How to diasble Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser)

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

CryptoPrevent install this programme to lock down and prevent crypto ransome ware

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide  Best security practices Keep safe  :wave:

Busymama62

Will start this  later this evening.  Had to make a trip to the Chiropractor and now taking food to someone thats wife has been in the hospital for over a month.  Thank you!  Will update you later.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
No problem, in your own time.   I am in no rush :)

Busymama62

I know Essexboy is not online right now, but I am hoping that one of  you are online.  I started the TFC at 8:03 and it is still running and it is now 9:07.  It says that it is Emptying RecycleBin. Do not interrupt.  I have not doubt that this laptop is full of stuff needing to be removed and I am assuming I just let it keep on doing it's thing.

I guess my question is does this scan take a long time from time to time?

Thanks!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
I guess my question is does this scan take a long time from time to time?
It can, patience. :)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Dependant on how much junk there is it can take a while, also the boot may appear to stop for a while as it does the deep clean

Busymama62

Hmmmm,  It is now 7:30 am, almost been 12 hours and it apparently is still Emptying RecycleBin.  Maybe by the time we get back from Worship it will have progressed some. 

To give you an idea of how much junk....."Windows Temp folder emptied 1177188531 Bytes  I don't know if it will hurt anything to scroll up while it is doing the test and give you any more info or not.

Thanks!

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Essex covered what I said.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:24:40 PM by Michael (alan1998) »
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Aye that is a while, stop TFC by closing it then reboot

Busymama62

I can't click to exit.  the pointer is just spinning.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
OK use the shutdown button

Busymama62

Forced the shut down and am now booted up again.  Sorry for the delay, we had lunch with friends.

Do I go ahead and let windows update now or should I wait?

Thanks!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
No problem :)

Yes complete the updates and then defrag the drive on completion.  Let me know how the system is on completion

Busymama62

Will do those items and then the Delfix.  Just remembered I haven't done it yet. 

Thanks!!!

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Do the delfix prior to defrag as that will remove all tools :)