Author Topic: Add to exclusion list, is there a way to do it now?  (Read 1865 times)

topcat1957

Add to exclusion list, is there a way to do it now?
« on: March 24, 2014, 09:22:45 PM »
 When AVAST stops a program from running or installing due to a false positive, it gives me the chance to tell it that it is a false positive. When I do that, I get a message telling me that AVAST will kind of look into the matter later on and decide what to do about it.
This means that I cannot install the program, or run the program while AVAST is operating, at least not until AVAST has had time to decide whether to add it to the exclusions list. I have no idea when this decision will be made, nor do I know if there is a way to find out whether it has been added to the list without trying to install or run the program again.
I have read some old posts from people who have had the same issue.

Does anyone reading this have any insight into this you will share with me?  :)

Other programs will instantly add that program to the exclusion list. And they have exclusion lists which you can manually edit. If AVAST has that capability presently, please let me know how to gain access to it. Thanks

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Add to exclusion list, is there a way to do it now?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 09:34:23 PM »
You were answered/questioned in your first post http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=143514.msg1075107

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Add to exclusion list, is there a way to do it now?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:42 PM »
avast "does" have a way to make manual exclusions.

If, and only if, you know it's safe then...GUI>Settings>Antivirus>make the proper exclusion.

How do you know it's a false positive?
Have you submitted the file to virustotal?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.