Author Topic: 51 recommendations  (Read 3903 times)

JMPCOMPUTER

51 recommendations
« on: March 27, 2014, 05:48:55 PM »
Hello,

I passed the 50 recommendations (referrals) to Avast! Free.

Do I have the right to a "boost" from the editor?

Thank you.

Offline Marcus Taveira

• Avast team
Re: 51 recommendations
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:59:03 AM »
Hello,

sorry for the delayed answer.

The terms and Conditions states:

General

You must have verified avast! Account
Your friend must install avast! Free Antivirus from the specific link shared from the Recommend section of avast! Account and keep it installed in order to count this installation towards your account
Credit is counted and displayed on the avast! Account with a few hours delay
Friend’s PC must be connected to the Internet, so we know you recommended it

Reward

If you get 7 friends to install and use avast! Free Antivirus you’ll get a free license for Internet Security for 1 PC, 1 year.
The free license is valid from the day you first download it from avast! Account
The free license is prolonged per extra year, when you get 14 respectively 21 friends installations in total
The maximum period for using the free Internet Security license is 3 years
The free license cannot be refunded
We reserve the right to refuse to issue the license in case of suspicious activity on account 

If you still have any doubt about this program, let us know by contacting our Customer Care on www.avast.com/support

Kind regards,

Marcus Taveira
Customer Care

spacedude

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
I'll use this thread to place and my question about recommendations.

In case i have more than 21 recommended users and already upgraded to internet security , can i use the rest of the recommended users points for extending the license after 3 years or to  upgrade to Internet Security on another PC that i'm using? 
With other words - am i motivated somehow to keep recommending users to download avast?

Offline JBG

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:51:48 PM »
Hello,
sadly not, the recommendation program has been designed to relatively small number of recommendations (max 21), so there is no direct motivation to recommend beyond this threshold. Maybe just good will to help Avast :-).

Regards.

Jan