Author Topic: Avast requires restart even after uninstall  (Read 1417 times)

JohnShrapnel

Avast requires restart even after uninstall
« on: March 29, 2014, 04:50:10 AM »
Hello, earlier tonight I attempted to update my Avast anti-virus free, it notified me that a restart was required.  The update never progressed past the initializing step.  I attempted to update both the engine and the virus definitions, both had the same issue.  Upon restarting a few times the issue was not resolved.  I also attempted to restart via the programs restart now option.  The software still didn't detect the restart.  I decided to uninstall the program and reinstall, the uninstall process involved a restart to complete.  After that restart when attempting to install once again I was informed the software could not be installed as a restart was required. I was hoping a log file or registry key might simply be able to be deleted so that the matter of a missing restart could be bypassed.

It should be noted the last successful update was I believe September 2013.  I do recall upon updating at that time a restart was required, I opted out planning to restart later.  Unfortunately I don't believe I restarted for quite some time, that is several days.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you. 

AdrianH

Re: Avast requires restart even after uninstall
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:59:16 AM »
Use this tool to remove avast! then start with a fresh install.  >>> http://files.avast.com/iavs9x/avastclear.exe   <<<