Author Topic: How do you reset the number of scan count from the Component Status  (Read 2144 times)

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
G'day ;)

How do you rest the total number of scan count from the Component Status section from the Statistics Box, because I cannot find a setting to reset the number to Zero see screenshot below can you help please.

Ta :)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 05:29:02 AM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: How do you reset the number of scan count from the Component Status
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 05:30:03 AM »
Well maybe someone else has had better luck, but the only way I've ever seen the number change is after an upgrade or Reinstall.
That's just my experience  ;D

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 05:37:55 AM »
but the only way I've ever seen the number change is after an upgrade or Reinstall.

That's bloody stupid for not having a reset count button, what a shame Avast that's pretty lame :'(
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v24.3.6108 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2014, 02:24:55 PM »
I rarely venture into the Stats section as quite honestly there isn't anything that interesting in there - No detail.

But that is the total scans that you have done, I can't see a point in setting that back to zero as it would no longer reflect your total number of scans ???

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 06:08:11 AM »
I rarely venture into the Stats section as quite honestly there isn't anything that interesting in there - No detail.

But that is the total scans that you have done, I can't see a point in setting that back to zero as it would no longer reflect your total number of scans ???

"No detail" Yes unfortunately a big disappointment to me as the module could be so much more, but for some reason stopped short of being useful/interesting.