Author Topic: Suggestion for Chrome Addon (or any browser)  (Read 1632 times)

vicky.andhika

Suggestion for Chrome Addon (or any browser)
« on: March 29, 2014, 10:11:14 PM »
I am using Avast Free and love it.

for browsing i am using chrome. The new chrome has an icon on the tab to tell which tab has sound on it.
and i think it avast could implement it to the tab that has potential security.

my behavior when searching something is to open multiple topics from the search result at once.
and avast sometimes give warning that some site has a security issue, but i dont know which tab is caused the problem.
so my suggestion is to put an icon on the tab to identify which tab that has security issue.

keep up the good work and thank you for being free

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Suggestion for Chrome Addon (or any browser)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
It's already there look for the pop-up in the lower right corner of your screen. 
As far as placing something on the tab that decision is up to the browser(s) not avast.
avast has no control over the browser tabs.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

vicky.andhika

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:20:35 AM »
It's already there look for the pop-up in the lower right corner of your screen. 
As far as placing something on the tab that decision is up to the browser(s) not avast.
avast has no control over the browser tabs.

i realized that. but when you open multiple tab at the same time, could you know which tab/page did the problem?
i have avast! Online Security, on my chrome extension.
great extension with these features:
  • Antiphishing
  • Do not track
  • SiteCorrect
  • SafeZone
  • CommunityIQ
  • Search engine results
  • SafePrice
[/li]
[/list]

my simple suggestion is just how to identify which tab caused problem when you open lots of tab.
the solution is whether put more information on the popup windows of avast (i.e. show the web address)
or
enhance the avast extension for chrome by using visual icon.
i dont know bout programming but maybe this worth for reading (http://developer.chrome.com/extensions/browserAction#method-setIcon)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »
Again, that is up to the individual browsers and is not something avast has "any" control.
Your best bet is to contact the developers of each browser and ask them to allow avast
to do as you desire.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.