Author Topic: transferring mobilesecurity license purchased via avast website  (Read 6321 times)

crazychris

hi all.
I purchased a license from the avast website (not via google play store) and activated it on a phone.I am now going to be replacing that phone with a new one. Can I transfer my license to a new phone?
I read another forum post asking pretty much the same question, but it appears that that person purchased via google play store.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: transferring mobilesecurity license purchased via avast website
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 08:14:37 AM »
HI,

if you use the same Google account on your new device, it should be just fine.

Filip

crazychris

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 02:05:57 AM »
That's the problem. I didn't. I purchased it through the website

crazychris

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »
does anybody know the answer to this?

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 06:43:03 PM »
Hi,

but you had a Google account on your device at the time you entered the voucher into the app, right?

Filip

crazychris

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 07:07:37 PM »
Different Google account on the other phone.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2014, 07:52:11 PM »
Hi,

OK, then you have to add the Google account on the new phone as well to activate the license (well, after that you actually have to go into the subscription screen and hit "I already have a license" button/link).

Filip

crazychris

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2014, 07:54:26 PM »
I thought of that, but that will only work if it was registered/paid for using that google account.
i actually bought a license number and typed it in to the other phone.
im pretty sure its going to say 'license already used'

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »
Hi,

well at the time you entered the voucher it got bound to the Google account currently present on the device. So if you add the same Google account to your current device and refresh the licenses, it should pick up the existing license.

Filip

crazychris

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2014, 08:57:11 PM »
the problem is that i have also purchased a license via the app which IS tied to my google account and activated that on my own phone.
i cant make the other phone have my google credentials in it, because it is not my personal phone.
(there is no license tied to the other google account).

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 09:05:20 PM »
I'm probably a bit lost. You purchased a voucher and used it on device A with Google account Z. Now you will be getting a new device B and can't add account Z to that for some reason? And apart from that, you have your own device C with Google account Y on which you have purchase a subscription via Google Play?

Filip

crazychris

« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2014, 09:06:59 PM »
I have two phones. one I purchased a license for via google play, and it is therefore tied to my personal google account.
i have a second phone that i own with someone elses google information on it, but the avast product is tied to me. that license was obtained via the avast website, where i was given a code to type in.
i am going to be upgrading that second phone and i want to know how to transfer that license.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2014, 09:50:14 PM »
How is the license (that you obtained using a code) tied to you if there are someone else's Google account on the device? The voucher (= the license the voucher generates) is tied to an account during its activation. So if you bought it from our website and then activated it on a device with someone else's Google account, it's tied to that Google account and not to you.

Filip

crazychris

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »
i purchased the manually entered license key from avast's site (not google play store). I got an order confirmation number. then i manually typed it into the second phone (the one with the other google account on it) and activated the license. the product is linked to my avast account on the web for BOTH phones. i am able to view both of the phones via the website.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2014, 10:35:15 PM »
License to Google account binding and device (app) to avast! Account binding are two completely different things. You can have one installation with license to email my_license_email@gmail.com and at the same time linked it to avast! Account with email account_email@gmail.com.

Filip