Author Topic: avast extension to firefox  (Read 1585 times)

rac8006

avast extension to firefox
« on: March 31, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
When viewing usatoday.com and clicking on an article.  I see that some people have commented on Facebook.  There is an icon of the left side of the page with a number which is the number of comments that have been
posted.  In the past I could click on this icon and see what people have posted.  For along time now if I click on this icon nothing happens.  I also have problems that some videos on the usatoday.com site won't play.

Just recently I have found that if I disable the avast extension in firefox everything seems to work.  I called avast support and they didn't have any idea that this problem exists.  So I'm posting the problem here to see if I am the only one with this problem.

RAC

Offline Alikhan

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: avast extension to firefox
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 09:58:53 PM »
The avast! online security add-on has plenty of issues.

I recommend you disable it until all of it problems are resolved.

It does not affect your protection since the Web Shield scans all HTTP traffic and does the malicious blocking.

WOT (Web of Trust) is a good alternative until all the bugs are [hopefully] ironed out of AOS.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • Avast Free (latest stable version) •  Malwarebytes 4 Premium (On-Demand) • Windows Firewall Control • Google Chrome • LastPass • CCleaner • O&O ShutUp10 •

rac8006

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 05:26:09 AM »
Yet when telling them you have a problem with the extension they imply that they don't know of any
problems.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
The problems appear to be on a per system basis.  Some have no problems with it and others do.  For me on the early versions IE used to hang, but now it works perfectly