Author Topic: Files not examined (or words to that effect)  (Read 1337 times)

JohnBoanerges

Files not examined (or words to that effect)
« on: April 02, 2014, 06:23:50 PM »
The reason that I find this software worthless is that every time I scan I get a message that certain files could not be examined because they are "password protected". This is absolute nonsense. NONE of my files are password protected and no other protection program has ever given me this message. The other programs I use are AVG and Enigma SpyHunter and RegHunter and CCleaner. DESPITE running all this, though, I have such crap slowing me down on all 3 of my Dell laptops. Hey, I have a new one this morning that attacks Facebook. All of my comments to posts on one of my laptops are erased before I can hit enter, if they are over 5 words long or, as SOON as I hit enter if less than 5 words. Heard of this yet? BTW, I NEVER visit unknown websites and THIS laptop is almost new, a refurbished a Latitude D800.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Files not examined (or words to that effect)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 07:08:11 PM »
AVG and Enigma SpyHunter and RegHunter
All of these password protect some elements of the programme.  Using multiple security (antivirus programmes)  is not a good policy
If you have so many problems then why not uninstall Avast, your protection will be lessened but that is up to you. 

Now if you gave a coherent description of your problem instead of a rant we may be able to help

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Files not examined (or words to that effect)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
Are you running AVG as a resident anti-virus?
Not a good idea. Having more than one anti-virus could be worse then no anti-virus at all.
For more information read this.

A screenshot of your scan results would help us a lot.

edit: You may need to follow these instructions.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 07:29:25 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.