Author Topic: file system shield scans excluded locations  (Read 1591 times)

tyran285

file system shield scans excluded locations
« on: April 04, 2014, 08:43:11 PM »
hello,

today, i was monitoring the real-time statistics while i was using skype and playing some games with my friends. and i noticed that, locations that i had excluded were being checked, so i attempted to add it in more layers as you can see on the picture, little did it help, it still checks them.

honestly speaking, i have no idea about what i should do from here.. re-booting my pc and re-starting the real-time shields does obviously not work.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: file system shield scans excluded locations
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 09:36:42 PM »
The ones you have for Skype are essentially duplicates as the exclusions aren't case sensitive, SKYPE or Skype or skype should be the same.

The last three are the same (?) I'm hoping the /.../ that is in the path is because the full path doesn't fit in the column width in the screen. The wildcard * at the end excludes files, sub-folders and their contents, so any one of the first two you entered should cover the last three.

Note:
I don't know if you are counting the C:\...\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Skype\ in the list of files that should be excluded as that wouldn't be excluded in any of the exclusions you set.

I can't see why one of the first two Skype exclusions doesn't stop it from being scanned.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security