Author Topic: found virus Win32:Savno [Wrm] and problems with update  (Read 4156 times)

bradipo

found virus Win32:Savno [Wrm] and problems with update
« on: October 16, 2003, 11:19:50 PM »
Today I found this virus (Win32:Savno [Wrm]) on 2 files (had 3 warnings because 1 was saved 2 times), one is ezcddax505.exe (I never used it... I think it is a mp3 maker) and the other is setupeng.exe (the executable of Avast 4 setup...) I'm not an expert user and this is the first time I find a virus on my pc... These files are in my hard disk from months and usually I scan the hard disk quite often so, why I found them only today? I don't think (I'm sure of this, of course...) that Avast 4 does not contains viruses... do they go from a file to another? What kind of virus is that one? How do you think it is in my pc? (I use windows xp and Avast 4.1). Other problem... it is from a week that I can't update the iAVS the problem is in my program or in the server? I launch the update, the windows openes than it reduces to icon and when I click on it wont open so when I try to close it I have this message: summary information about current update: last encountered error: the package is broken. My english is not so good, hope to make me understand...                  THANK YOU 4 answering and... patience!

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:found virus Win32:Savno [Wrm] and problems with update
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 08:22:18 AM »
Do you use an actual Version of Avast? Because avast did not alert on these files here. Maybe you should first make an update. Maybe that will solve your problem.
MfG Ralf

bradipo

Re:found virus Win32:Savno [Wrm] and problems with update
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2003, 02:54:15 AM »
well...  I had to reinstall the program... anyway it was not Avast problem... I think next time I' ll better watch what I do... you know... click, click, click... and WHAT I'VE DONE??  :-[  ::)

thanks again