Author Topic: dropbox  (Read 4762 times)

tracy11231

dropbox
« on: April 05, 2014, 08:01:29 PM »
can somebody tell me how to take dropbox off my laptop it is stopping me from gaming on facebook

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: dropbox
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 08:23:15 PM »
Are you sure it is dropbox, or rather how have you found that it is dropbox ?

It just seems strange that dropbox, even if synchronising would stop gaming on facebook, they just don't seem to have any commonality which might conflict.

I use dropbox, but I'm not a gamer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Mark_43

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 12:10:12 PM »
I had web shield doing this, had to allow social networks via the avast logo in my browser...

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 08:25:55 PM »
It just seems strange that dropbox, even if synchronising would stop gaming on facebook, they just don't seem to have any commonality which might conflict.
+1
The best things in life are free.

Sazerac7

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
can somebody tell me how to take dropbox off my laptop it is stopping me from gaming on facebook

This morning I received a message that there was a new version of Avast Pro and that I should click on it. Sounds normal . . . right. But the only thing that downloads is something called DropBox. Thankfully, DropBox isn't harmful, it's only a sharing vehicle. But I was really pissed off by the way it got on my computer (and yes, I always check for add-ons during any software download and there was none).
To get rid of it I used I0bit Uninstaller and used it's "Powerful Scan" tool to make sure I rooted out every little bit.

Offline Bhenry004

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2014, 01:09:53 PM »
I too just used the "update program" button from Avast and got the unwanted Dropbox stuff. I don't want it and I would like to uninstall it. Can I use the normal "uninstall" procedure from the Windows program list or do I have to use a more sophisticated tool? I see someone else used IObit. Is that the only way?

Offline Gandalf1369

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 01:59:04 PM »
I too just used the "update program" button from Avast and got the unwanted Dropbox stuff. I don't want it and I would like to uninstall it. Can I use the normal "uninstall" procedure from the Windows program list or do I have to use a more sophisticated tool? I see someone else used IObit. Is that the only way?

You can just use the normal uninstall procedure from the Windows Control Panel.
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

zorgon

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 01:00:35 AM »
I had to re-install avast so I opted for the online installer. If you do not want Dropbox, don't use the online installer. Everything was going smoothly and then I noticed Dropbox was being installed. No opt-in, no opt-out which sucks as far as I am concerned. I don't need it and don't want it. Avast!, at least have the courtesy to let a person opt out of the Dropbox install. 

I even used the custom install to avoid all the extra crap like Grimefighter. and I still get a install I didn't ask for.    >:(