Author Topic: Beyond frustrated with automatic renewal.  (Read 1920 times)

MJ Williams

Beyond frustrated with automatic renewal.
« on: April 06, 2014, 01:56:53 AM »
I am beyond frustrated at this point. No one is paying any attention.

Support tells me they can't help me because of an error in the system. They tell me to open ticket, but I've done that and the reply was that this is Digital River's problem. Digital River says it is a technical support problem.

Digital River has sent the same email a number of times, but it does not have a license file attached, even though it says it does.

My license automatically renewed and I was charged 53.11 on my paypal account.

Except the license file did not update and keeps saying it will expire in 23 days (today is April 5th)

I am beyond frustrated with the runaround and the finger pointing and everything else. How much of my time has been wasted on this? Enough that I'm about to go look elsewhere for antivirus and take to social media to express the complete lack of help I have received on this problem.

Is anyone paying attention?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: Beyond frustrated with automatic renewal.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:03:22 AM »
Of course this is a support forum for mostly technical help, but no real connection with sales.
Have you tried this 'contact form':http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php
Provide as much detail as possible and then patience is a virtue. :)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Beyond frustrated with automatic renewal.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:14:06 AM »
You need to apply the new license file to change the current expiry date, which is somewhat difficult if you haven't received a new license file.

Try the Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security