Author Topic: Is Avast allways such a problem to install?  (Read 2819 times)

Allan Green

Is Avast allways such a problem to install?
« on: April 06, 2014, 09:39:49 PM »
Hello! I'm new to Avast and this forum, and I wish I could be introducing myself in a more friendly way.
I have a problem with Avast internet security which is causing me quite a bit of grief, and I wonder if Avast has always been this Micky Mouse.
I have 6 pc's and all except a linux pc and my server have Avast installed.
I recently purchased a licence for 3 pc's for one year and successfully installed it on 2 of my pc's, albeit that I was given no install instructions with my piece of A5 card. I worked out that when it asks for an "activation code" it meant the number named Serial Number.
My problem is that I am unable to register the 3rd computer as it throws up a message " There is no network available, please try later" I've tried this for quite a while now and I know there is nothing wrong with my network system.
Is this a normal happening or am I just unlucky.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Is Avast allways such a problem to install?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 01:42:31 AM »
1) Are you in business atmosphere? If so see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=33.0
2) If this is a home network, sometimes the back-end servers get overloaded. If this is the case wait a day or two then try again.
3) If possible transfer you AIS license to a flash drive for to more easily move it from machine to machine.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Allan Green

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 05:45:51 AM »
Thanks for the help Para-Noid,
I'm certainly not in a business world, even though I have a server running MS Home Server 2011, its just so I can stay in touch with home while away.
I'd like to know more on transferring my licence, How do I go about doing this?
I'm now away from home with a unprotected laptop and a partially installed Avast. So do I do the sensible thing and erase it or persevere?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 03:46:44 PM »
You should be able to download the license from the email it was sent to.
Download and save the license. Once you have installed AIS go to the GUI>Settings>Registration>insert license
Don't worry AIS will find the license file on your HDD. You should be able to copy the license file to a flash drive.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:00:41 PM »
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 04:18:30 PM by Pondus »

Allan Green

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
Hello ParaNoid and Pondis,
Thanks for the input!
I found at my workplace today that I could for some bizarre reason reinstall my trial Avast internet security for a further 30 days.
When I returned home this afternoon I was, after the second attempt able to register my Avast via my home network.
Although peeved that I should be put through all this hassle I was pleasantly surprised that Avast managed to find and rectify 2x problems with my laptop, so maybe its not turned out to be that bad after all; And maybe I wont be as damming when I send my review to Amazon as I was going to be.
So my next questions will be, Is Avast for servers any good and will it work with MS Server 2011??