Author Topic: What On Earth??????  (Read 1503 times)

blowtorch73

What On Earth??????
« on: April 08, 2014, 12:40:20 AM »
I posted this the following message on the mbam forum here:

https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145965

"I have received the following message: "There is a problem with your licence so notifications will no longer appear, including those about your licence or activation"

An error code (0xC004D401) with description of "The Security Processor reported a system file mismatch error"
This is followed by a 'click here' to try to sort things out. However, when I do click , a window appears with a message saying that the source cannot be identied so I made no attempt to run it. Went to turn off my

computer but couldn't because mbam was running. Then switched off by mistake and when I switch on again, mbam had quarantied 2 PUPS which I deleted.

Is there any connection between the message recieved and mbam isolating the PUPS?"

........and got a reply which made me think that the thread should have been posted here in the Avast Forum.

I then Googled "0xC004D401" and came up with so many posts highlighting the same problem that I asked myself "Are the powers that be at Avast addressing this problem, and if not, why not?

Well have they? I have now uninstalled my paid for Avast Internet Security and replaced it with another Antivirus.

That said, I would still be interested in members comments.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: What On Earth??????
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 12:55:42 AM »
There is no problem between avast and mbam.
Besides, the link in that post points to a 3(!) year old article.
Use Windows Updates to install all updates, and get to SP2 level, or install SP1 and SP2 from the standalone installers.
Sp1 or SP2? You should have SP3 and all (security) updates released after that installed. If you haven't, ah well there is your first problem already.

I'm running the latest versions of avast as well as mbam and on none I have any problem.