Author Topic: avast! Mobile Security future - survey  (Read 13861 times)

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
avast! Mobile Security future - survey
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:18:29 AM »
Hello!

We are working hard on improving avast! Mobile Security and we would like to ask you for help to make a better product! By completing our small survey (it takes no more than 5 min.), you can directly affect the future of leading Android security product.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/17VdKSjASW10f5UyIUIosQdi8G_2HrPoLCLSjsiHFazo/viewform

Thank you for your help, it's appreciated. If you have any questions or further opinions, just post them here :)

Filip

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: avast! Mobile Security future - survey
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 01:22:12 PM »
Thanks Filip.
I would like to ask a feature that I miss A LOT.
When we use whitelist on the firewall, each new app installed has its connections blocked.
To check the list of installed apps in alphabetical order is a pain.
Can't we sort the apps by the date of installation?
The best things in life are free.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 04:12:05 PM »
The survey is in English only? What about other languages? I think it would be hard to get objective results without Russian and other languages.
May the FOSS be with you!

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 06:21:34 PM »
Just told you how great I think avast backup is.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 12:18:42 AM »
The survey is in English only? What about other languages? I think it would be hard to get objective results without Russian and other languages.
+1
Of course, I can translate it to PT.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 02:14:16 PM »
Hi All,

Whether Avast software will launch for ios protectioin?
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
Hi There,

I am new in this forum and I am interested to know will there be an app for windows phone users??..
Thank you.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:57 AM »
Hi There,

I am new in this forum and I am interested to know will there be an app for windows phone users??..
Thank you.

No, afaik.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2015, 05:34:08 PM »
I just got a popup in the PC no-cost product to take a Avast mobile poducts survey.
It looks to be very similar to this one, except it asks for a language and quite a few other questions, mostly related to WiFi/VPN mobile usage.

The reason for my post is that on this survey, the very first question is what mobile OS do you use, and you MISSPELLED "Android" as "Andorid"!!!

That is NOT the impression you want to make as a technology company, especially regarding one that I am supposed to TRUST to protect me.
How can I do that when you can't even SPELL the name of the most popular phone OS on the planet correctly?

How many people reviewed and approved that nonsense, I wonder?

Wow. Just, Wow. SMH.  :o  :-[

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 02:46:12 AM »
I took the survey. I am satisfied with Avast Mobile Security and GrimeFighter for Android. I just wish GrimeFighter was as dependable for PC.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
Thanks for this survey! I'm monitoring new future releases of AMS. I uninstalled a few weeks ago after I discovered that AMS was the cause of poor perfomances on Nexus 7 2012 tablet (especially during app installation and loading). Even if competitor programs use different protection strategies, performances are noticeably faster.
Future releases should include a strong optimization on the real time scanner for Tegra based devices...at least I hope so :)