Author Topic: SMs/Call Filer and Message Shield offer to block Button Display  (Read 2482 times)

ESmith101

Hi,

I've recently come back to Avast and using an LG Optimus L3 II E430 (http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_optimus_l3_ii_e430-5292.php) which is quite a low resolution smart phone running Android 4.1.2 (EU version as I'm UK based).

Being an LG Avast isn't able to block incoming calls which is ok because LG has it's own built in call blocker but when you set up the filter and click on incoming Call block you get a message with the word (Sorry) in it and you have to click the back button to come out of it. Avast subsequently crashes every time I revisit the filter rule. Only deleting the rule and recreating it and remembering not to click Call fixes that issue.

In the message shield i have selected Offer to block SMS. This works fine apart from the Allow Block button and just above them it has the text  _chilli@string/msg_filter_sms_block_proposal_question and the buttons read _chilli@string/block and _chilli@string/allow.

I am trying to troubleshoot the issue by changing the default system font and the font size but that's had no effect. Any suggested ideas?

ES

ESmith101

Re: SMs/Call Filer and Message Shield offer to block Button Display
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
Screenshot attached.

Klinker

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 06:23:41 PM »
Two Droid Razr Maxx phones are showing the same "chilli@string......." gibberish on the block or allow buttons. I can click on the gibberish filled buttons and successfully allow or block, it's just that we can't read which button is which. We're not seeing any other problems, just that "chilli@string" junk obscuring the buttons.

I haven't been able to send a troubleshoot log because I'm either in the car or some other inconvenient place to send the info to Avast. Started to notice this problem with the last update a couple of weeks ago or so.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 08:32:14 PM »
Hi,

we released a new version (3.0.7400 I think) two days ago. Is it any better in that version? (Because I think I fixed those in the version I'm talking about.)

Filip

Klinker

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2014, 08:48:56 PM »
Filip:

Thanks for responding. We just got the .7400 update today, so I'll let you know what happens the next time we get something to block.