Author Topic: Avast not detecting well virus in P2P  (Read 5373 times)

Falcon

Avast not detecting well virus in P2P
« on: July 09, 2005, 11:24:18 AM »
Hi,

I noticed that infected programs downloaded through P2P programs like emule are not detected well. The virus is not detected in a rar archive, but only when the program is copied on desktop for example. In previous version, infected program in emule were marked in emule (download progression barre) with black and yellow. Now, the infected file is downloaded (download barre green on emule) and the virus is activated.

I noticed that even when the rar file is on my disk and a launch a scan on it the virus is not detected. It is only when I begin to use it.

Thanks (I hope my explication is clear)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast not detecting well virus in P2P
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 03:01:09 PM »
Yeah, I've noticed the same with the beta version.
P2P did not detect anything (why the hell people want to share infected files  :P) and only when destktop search indexing reached the file I was alarmed it is infected.
The best things in life are free.

Falcon

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 05:49:51 PM »
Which beta version are you speking about ?

Is this issue will be resolved in a next release ?

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 08:40:03 PM »
Which beta version are you speking about ?
Is this issue will be resolved in a next release ?
The beta become final release 4.6.691.
I need to test again the P2P behavior... I'm not using P2P all the time.
The best things in life are free.

Falcon

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 10:51:42 PM »
I have checked with the last version. The file is put on the disk and Avast detects the virus. It should be great if (like in version 4.5) virus were detected in the temp file before being put on the destination folder.

I noticed also that it is impossible to remove the file when the Avast warning is launch. We have to remove manually the file, not through Avast warning interface.

I hope there will be some new enhancements on the P2P shield for the following version.

Thanks a lot.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 10:54:41 PM »
It should work the same as in v4.5. What exactly do you mean by yellow and black progress bar?
Also, can you change the "Scan count" value for the P2P provider? How much is it? Is it increasing as you're downloading stuff?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Falcon

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 11:34:52 PM »
Hi,

The black and red yellow bar appeared on emule (in the transfer window). When a file is completed, the bar becomes green. Before, when Avast detected a virus in a file that is being downloaded, if a virus was found, the bar in emule appears in yellow and black and the file was not put in the destination folder. And I was able to delete it when Avast asks me what to do.

Now, it is impossible to delete the file when Avast asks what to do. It tells me impossible to delete.

The count is equal to 9264 and is increasing.

Thanks a lot again.