Author Topic: Fellow avast 'users': How do I turn off notifications and/or uninstall avast?  (Read 2002 times)

WellScrewThis

So I tried installing this since it was recommended by Microsoft, I thought it was free and that was that, but it turns out it was freemium crap that had an expiring trial. Well I thought that was okay, I should be fine without protection. But now an annoying pop up invades my computer every hour or so telling me my service has expired -- I already know this obviously, it's just bugging me to buy shit from them. I thought, well screw this, I'm uninstalling this thing. But when I tried to uninstall it, it froze on the loading screen at about 95%, and big surprise, I am literally incapable of closing the window somehow. This is probably intentionally coded to be nearly impossible to uninstall. So, how do I turn off notifications so that this won't pop up, or better yet uninstall this monster from my laptop. Thanks.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

REDACTED

These links are useless. They provide no information on how to turn off notifications.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
These links are useless. They provide no information on how to turn off notifications.
what notifications?