Author Topic: Avast Online Security and Favorites button interfere  (Read 1845 times)

FDdCH

Avast Online Security and Favorites button interfere
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:19:42 PM »
Dear All,

I have Windows 7 with Internet Explorer 10 and Avast 2014.9.0.2016 with Avast Online Security enabled.

Since the last update, the Avast Online Security button has appeared next to the Home/Favorites/Tools buttons, but BEHIND the Refresh button (it is almost completely hidden by it; it seems the Address bar is not aware of its existence and does not resize to accommodate it). That is just a nuisance (but why can't they make sure it forces the address bar to resize, or put it in another toolbar as before!?), but what is not is that now every time I click on the Favorites button, the Avast Online Security "curtain" activates and shades the webpage behind the Favorites menu. Similarly, if I click on the Home button, the "curtain" deploys as my Home page appears. Disabling the Avast Online Security add-on is the only way to get Favorites and Home to work as before.

Has anyone else encountered this behaviour? How do I fix it or at least move the Avast Online Security button somewhere else?

Thank you for your help.

FD

PS: By the way, is Avast Online Security why since last month my IE10 tabs crash every so often?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 11:24:36 PM by FDdCH »