Author Topic: avast Online Security 9.0.2916.82 addon trouble  (Read 1982 times)

Offline Bonjovicrzy

avast Online Security 9.0.2916.82 addon trouble
« on: April 04, 2014, 10:16:26 PM »
Hi not sure if I am posting this in the right area or not if so I am sorry

I have Avast free for years  and love it ..I am  having a little bit of trouble with the Addon for Firexox
Avast Online Security 9.0.2916.82
I have run Avast, SuperAntispyware,Malwarebytes, and even AdwCleaner scans and all says clean even looked in  Task scheduler to see if  there was any  strange programs and nothing only then I saw was Avast Emergency Update listed

but when I open firefox it opens a Advertisement for Avast Online Security on a extra tab along with my home page  and it will not go away unless I turn the addon off  I have checked my cookies , and checked my popup, home page  options and still it is there when I open Firefox have Google it for help with it I love the addon makes me feel safer when I surf the net  but would hate to have turn it off because it is annoying can any one give any other  advise or fixes  thank you very much for any help ..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 10:19:28 PM by Bonjovicrzy »

Paul_D

Re: avast Online Security 9.0.2916.82 addon trouble
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 12:48:41 AM »
There are about a dozen threads here with variations on this theme. AOS is a dog. I disabled it ages ago. They tried to do too much with it.

Here's just one thread on the subject:- http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=147838.0

Specifically, do you clear your cookies after every session?

Offline Bonjovicrzy

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 02:55:27 AM »
Hey Paul
 thanks for reading & helping  and sending the link  ... I have tried both options   with saving or / delete cookies and history but still have problems with both I finally gave up and uninstall the AOS  from my firefox addon ..what a shame it it would have been a good tool to have if it worked right

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 03:23:03 AM »
I have no problems with it on FF 28.