Author Topic: Please explain Grime Fighter - is this normal?  (Read 5091 times)

teevoz

Please explain Grime Fighter - is this normal?
« on: April 14, 2014, 08:12:22 AM »
I bought this program today and started to run it at about 8AM. It is now 2AM -18 hours later - and it is still chugging along. Says it is at "507 karma" without any explanation of what that means. How long can I expect this to go on, and is it repairing as it goes? If I were to stop it so I can get back to my files, will I have wasted these hours and have to do it all over again?  Please can someone explain this to me?  Is this normal? Thanks

etm567

Re: Please explain Grime Fighter - is this normal?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 08:50:27 PM »
I have the same precise question. I've already interrupted it once before, and now I'm running it again. Started last night, it's now 3 pm the next day. I've seen elsewhere where folks have had it run 2 or 3 days. But I would like to know if I interrupt it, is the time already spent wasted? Or has it done something?

I see no one has answered you. I hope they will, soon. I am trying to wait it out, but I can't wait 2 or 3 days.

Thank you...

al2

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:04:04 PM »
You didn't  directly mention your urgency in your other post, so see the post in the long thread made by the Avast team member which I quoted - I'd follow his advice.This applies to any one having urgent probs with grimefighter U've paid for the software + the SUPPORT that comes with it

Good Luck

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
Hi,

GrimeFighter shouldn't run for that long.  It is a known bug and we are working hard to fix it asap. I can't guarantee a fix date though, we just don't know yet.

Please be patient while we work through this.  If you are really frustrated, you can open a support ticket and get a refund.

Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused

GrimeFighter team