Author Topic: Grime Fighter  (Read 5114 times)

Patrickta

Grime Fighter
« on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:34 PM »
I paid for this with my credit card.....I accidentally paid again. Therefore I have been charged twice. There are no PEOPLE to discus this, so I submitted a ticket.....16 days and no response. What can one do >:(

Offline marber

Re: Grime Fighter
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 03:48:43 AM »
Patrickta,

I'm sorry to say that I don't have an answer to your question. But may I ask how did Grime Fighter work for you?

I ask, because my GF has been working more than 65 hours. Did you run yours? If yes, how long did it take, and was it a worthwhile result?

marber

etm567

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 08:52:36 PM »
Gee, how many days is that?  (I can do math. Just wait a minute.) Just under 3 days. Other people have had it to go 3 days. I am hoping not, and also hoping that if I interrupt it, some work will have been done and there will be less to do next time.

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:21:26 PM »
Hi,

Regarding the OP about paying twice, please open a support ticket, our Support team will be able to see which payment provider processed the payment.  Unfortunately, we can't do more than that so you would need to contact the payment provider directly and get reimbursed the second payment amount.

About GrimeFighter running for 65 hours, that is definitely a bug.  GrimeFighter should not run for more than 6 hours.  This is a known issue and we are working on fixing it now.  It's not clear how long until the fix will be implemented.  The choices are to either give us a few weeks to fix the issue (which we would greatly appreciate) or you could request a refund.  Please do accept our sincere apologies for this negative experience.

GrimeFighter team

Offline marber

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 02:45:17 AM »
Halleluiah! Grime Fighter finally finished. It took less than 2 hours. I think the computer is running slightly slower now.

It said it disabled Java across all browsers. I thought Java was supposed to be necessary for a lot of things. What should I do next time I'm promted to install or enable Java?

Thanks!

marber