Author Topic: Search.Conduit annoying add on.  (Read 31959 times)

Valinorum

Re: Search.Conduit annoying add on.
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2014, 12:42:08 PM »
Show me a screenshot where you see the name. And how is Google Chrome?

daveyden

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2014, 12:55:47 PM »
Chrome SEEMS to be working O.K., but the last Malware scan we did showed Search.Conduit was still lurking somewhere in the Chrome system. Did you mention deleting and then re-installing Google Chrome?
Could you let me know how to do a screenshot please, and I will try to show you what I mean by doing a scan with Avast. I'm not sure it will work though as there is a scrolling analysis bar on the page, but will try. Do you want me to send a S/Shot of smit fraud too?

daveyden

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2014, 01:11:07 PM »
I've just looked up how to do a screenshot, will go ahead now...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »
Could you let me know how to do a screenshot please,
google or search youtube for how to do screenshot 

Valinorum

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2014, 01:49:41 PM »
Zoek should have purged Chrome of all the conduit garbage. Are you facing any pop-up? And, no, I do not wish you to run any extra tools especially tools which are out dated as virtumonde has been out of scenario for quite a while now. Give me the screenshot first and let's see what we are dealing with.

Watch this video for screenshot tutorial.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmR7k65gtM4
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 01:52:29 PM by Valinorum »

daveyden

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2014, 02:23:36 PM »
It didn't show up with the Avast full scan, I can't be 100% sure if it was there that I noticed it though, it definitely showed up when I did a scan 2 days ago with Spybot, which I have now un-installed, although I haven't as yet removed it from my other computer in favour of Malwarebytes, so if you agree, I could run a Spybot scan there before and after running zoek, (I would disable Spybot during zoek scan of course), to see if I can get you a screenshot.

daveyden

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
No,I'm not getting pop-up's with chrome, and thanks both of you, but as I posted earlier I did look up how to screenshot on google.

daveyden

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2014, 05:24:33 PM »
Hi Valinorum, I posted the results of a scan I did with Spybot on my 2nd laptop about an hour ago, have been waiting for your possible reply, now I realise the post didn't make it here! SB detected the Virtumonde I spoke about, in fact it took half the scan to read! I will try and forward the screenshots once more, hopefully they will arrive this time! Along with Virtumonde I noticed Smitfraud and another item that took a long time to analyse was win 32-on line games. I fear that they may all still be on the 1st (32 bit) pc. I have both laptops here and will wait for you to tell me which one we should deal with first, Regards...

daveyden

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2014, 05:28:25 PM »
P.S., I sent 4 Screen shots the first time and the fourth one probably exceeded the permitted limit, dave

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2014, 05:51:51 PM »
what you need to attach is SpyBot scan log.....

daveyden

« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2014, 06:08:24 PM »
O.K., Will go back there Pondus. Valinorum, jeffce just contacted me and said he would help with the new pc, (the one he was dealing with), is that O.K. with you? If it would be easier for you to help me with both then that's fine, I will let jeffce know. ty, dave

daveyden

« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2014, 07:14:00 PM »
Here's the Spybot log, but this is on the "nd pc(not the one you have been helping with), although I think we might find Virtumonde there as well

Valinorum

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2014, 07:26:05 PM »
Work with jeffc with your other PC. Now let me get few things right for me, are you facing any alerts or issues with the PC I helped cleansing? If so list them.

daveyden

« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2014, 08:01:16 PM »
No alerts, the pc runs very slowly, and I know it is old, but it has been well looked after and was a lot quicker just a few weeks ago, which is what made me think there was something there causing the poor performance.

Valinorum

« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2014, 08:13:04 PM »
Re-run OTL and click on Quick Scan and attach the log when done.