Author Topic: Grimefighter down for maintenance for a month?  (Read 10218 times)

REDACTED

Re: Grimefighter down for maintenance for a month?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2014, 09:35:34 AM »
in my case i get the same warning error from jumpshot usb
i double clicked on the exe again and it said there was an update
as i proceeded it claimed it would obliterate my drive and after completion it said it was ready
having noticed it has all new files on the drive such as boot, efi, license, filesystem, grub, etc i thought it would work
well i get nothing but servers down for maintenance such bull

Offline tbarrett5612

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 03:48:00 AM »
I've been using Grimefighter for a while now and have always been happy with it.  However, I just started getting a message tonight saying "signature of the grimefighter file does not match the expected one" and nothing happens.  I hope this gets resolved soon  :(

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 01:30:40 AM »
+1 on the "signature ... " message mr barrett. I've contacted Avast for help and I hope it doesn't take as long to get a reply.

REDACTED

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 11:25:29 PM »
Lodged a request with customer support on the problem described above and had a reply within two days ... excellent!

However, having followed the recommended procedure I attempted to run Grime Fighter, only to find it had disappeared.

I attempted to reply directly to RP at Avast who had said "If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me back." but got the following reply:

"in order to better assist you we have implemented a new support/customer care system. We therefore kindly request that you visit http://www.avast.com/support avast! Customer and Technical Support and resubmit your question."

Sorry, no desire to go through the system again.

I'm not a computer nerd and I'm not interested in spending large amounts of time fiddling around to fix a system that appears to be unstable/not well developed.

Yes, I have a subscription to Grime Fighter with more than 6 months still to go but forget it! I'm not interested in GF or money back when it's giving me the feeling it could cause trouble rather than fix it