Author Topic: Awsome - New Update 2014.9.0.2018 Fixed Slow Start Up Issue  (Read 6738 times)

Phil_12345

Awsome - New Update 2014.9.0.2018 Fixed Slow Start Up Issue
« on: April 18, 2014, 03:30:53 AM »
Just update to version 2014.9.0.2018 and the slow start up of Windows application is fixed.

Now I can open program(s) right away after login Windows 7 Ultimate - before I have to wait over 80 seconds
for the stupid avast icon show up in Windows notify area before ANY program to open.

Before from hit the power button to window desktop =  25 seconds + 80 seconds waiting time for Avast tray icon.
Now everything work within 30 seconds from cold boot.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Awsome - New Update 2014.9.0.2018 Fixed Slow Start Up Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 03:58:54 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.
Hope it makes my boot time better too.
The best things in life are free.

RevolutionSphere

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:11 PM »
I can confirm that the new update fixed this for me aswell and also browser speed is improved with webpages loading faster and running smoother.   ;D

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 03:03:57 PM by RevolutionSphere »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 01:00:37 PM »
Never really noticed the boot slowdown, but i do have laptop with SSD and a PC with HDD+SSD hybrid system, so it probably booted just as quickly anyway because of SSD parts.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:28:20 PM »
So it probably booted just as quickly anyway because of SSD parts.
Most certainly.
I have not noticed any boot time improvement :'(
The best things in life are free.

Phil_12345

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 08:18:00 PM »
Never really noticed the boot slowdown, but i do have laptop with SSD and a PC with HDD+SSD hybrid system, so it probably booted just as quickly anyway because of SSD parts.

Hi,

I am not talking about the boot time - my OS drive is SSD Samsung 840 Pro (128 Gb with over 80Gb free) but the issue is that
once into Windows desktop,  I have to WAIT ANOTHER 80 seconds for the Avast icon to show up in the notify area before I can even
open any application.    I can click to open multiple application(s) but nothing show up until the Avast icon appear - then all the program(s) open within milliseconds.

Boot time into Windows is not an issue but the waiting for Avast icon show up issue.   Happen both to my main PC and laptop.

But the issue is fixed now,  can open application right away once Windows desk top show up (and Avast icon appear right away).

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:25:02 PM by Phil_12345 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 08:24:33 PM »

Hi,

I am not talking about the boot time - my OS drive is SSD Samsung 840 Pro (128 Gb with over 80Gb free) but the issue is that
once into Windows desktop,  I have to wait over 80 second for the Avast icon to show up in the notify area before I can even
open any application.    I can click to open multiple application(s) but nothing show up until the Avast icon appear - then all the program(s) open within milliseconds.

Boot time into Windows is not an issue but the waiting for Avast icon show up issue.   Happen both my main PC and laptop.
You may need to look into how many processes you have starting at boot and eliminate what isn't needed.

I have a Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb and my system is at desktop and workable in 12 seconds.

Phil_12345

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »

Hi,

once into Windows desktop,  I have to wait over 80 second for the Avast icon to show up in the notify area before I can even

Boot time into Windows is not an issue but the waiting for Avast icon show up issue.   Happen both my main PC and laptop.
You may need to look into how many processes you have starting at boot and eliminate what isn't needed.

I have a Samsung 840 Pro 512Gb and my system is at desktop and workable in 12 seconds.

My Windows 7 Ultimate is nice and clean without any junks - I already disable all unessesary services and NO junk start up items (such as messengers, ect....) since day one.    Even my desktop only has EXACTLY 7 icons short cut for most used applications.    BTW, install/setup/optimize/NET programming is my carrier so I think I some what know a little what to do. 

Uninstall Avast --> no issue what ever with application start up.     But once reinstall Avast, same thing happen (BTW, I tried all the tricks and tips from internet and this forum to solve this issue but no go).    This same issue happen to BOTH computer - with entirely different hardware config and application.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:36:50 PM by Phil_12345 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 08:39:19 PM »
Is it 32/64 bit system? how much ram installed? if the problem is evident on both of your systems there must be something common between the two systems.

I have some fairly low spec systems here as well and none have ever shown your issue.

Phil_12345

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 08:45:30 PM »
Is it 32/64 bit system? how much ram installed? if the problem is evident on both of your systems there must be something common between the two systems.

I have some fairly low spec systems here as well and none have ever shown your issue.

- My main PC is Win7 Ult 64-bit with 8Gb (motherboard only has SATA II -> few seconds slower that SATA III - not a big deal)
- My laptop is Win7 Ult 32-bit with 4GB (Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500Gb drive)

-How can you explain the issue GOT FIXED after this updated on both PCs (no hardware and application changed whatever)?
-Why can't I open application right way but have to wait for Avast icon show up in the notify area BEFORE application open?
-Unistalled Avast then no issue.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 08:49:11 PM by Phil_12345 »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 08:51:23 PM »
How can you explain the issue GOT FIXED after this updated on both PCs (no hardware and application changed whatever)?
I cant explain it, all I'm saying is that I've not experienced your issue before or after the recent update on about 25 different systems of various OS's and spec's.

Glad it's fixed for you now anyway :)