Author Topic: [SOLVED] MySql  (Read 3945 times)

Gloops

[SOLVED] MySql
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:19:46 AM »
Hello everybody,

After I installed the Avast antivirus two weeks ago, I was proposed a two weeks try for Internet Security.

During that period, at each session I had to disactivate the Avast firewall for ten minutes, to allow MySql to start.

At the end of the try, Avast automatically rolled back to antivirus only, so I do not have any Avast firewall interface any more. But it seems I cannot access nor reinstall MySql. Stopping the three remaining Avast functions for ten minutes does not start MySql.

Do I have to completely uninstall Avast before reinstalling the antivirus, or is there any more elegant solution ?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:39:37 PM by Gloops »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: MySql
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:32:08 AM »
try this,  remove avast using instructions here    http://www.avast.com/en-eu/uninstall-utility

then install again   http://www.avast.com/en-eu/download-software

Gloops

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 02:08:14 PM »
Hello,
Oh, that is what I feared.
It was a good idea to ask the question, without that I should have used the tool from the config panel.

Thank you, going to try that.

Gloops

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 10:20:29 PM »
The results was not immediate, but now I just have to restore data into the database, thank you.

As I had to reinstall MySql 5.6 after installing Avast, I had to disactivate Avast during that time, as it suspected a few temporary DLLs to be infected by a virus. Could you remain me where I can find logs ? I found a button to purge them, I presume it is supposed to be not far from there ?

Well, I check "Notify me of replies", perhaps this time it will have some effect ?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:24:28 PM by Gloops »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »
Do you believe you still have an infection ?

Gloops

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 10:47:10 PM »
Hello,
It is probably a false alert, but I presume it would be a good idea to provide some more info ?
Oh, I realize, these are temporary files, so the name can also be temporary, so it will give nothing that I publish it here. And this is maybe the reason why I thought there are several files that are interested, whereas that is not sure.
The file I first used for the installation was named mysql-installer-web-community-5.6.16.0.msi

(To be notified I think I found : it is useless to check the checkbox below the seized message, it is better to click on the Notify button on the displayed thread.)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 10:49:10 PM »
If you are having no problems then your are probably good to go :)

Gloops

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »
Hello,
About the log, here I am with the answer.
If I instruct Avast to ignore the file, it then seems not to be logged, and the most simple way to get a trace in that context is to get a screen copy while the alert is displayed.
As anyway I could not install MySql with the antivirus active, the most simple is to let Avast put the files to the quarantine.
Then, the quarantine is accessible at two places :
- down the Scan dialog box there is a Quarantine link
- the Statistics screen has a state of components category, and at the right of the corresponding user interface you see the number of elements in quarantine, and by clicking on quarantine you get the details.
In the list, the contextual menu of each element allows a certain number of operations, among which sending the file to Avast. From the dialog box to send the file to Avast it is possible to copy its path.
A further version could, possibly, include an easier way to report a file or a list of quarantined files, to ask a question about it ?