Author Topic: GrimeFighter and unstable WiFi  (Read 4393 times)

FMBailey

GrimeFighter and unstable WiFi
« on: April 21, 2014, 11:19:21 PM »
Hi there everyone, this is my first time actually posting on the forums but I've been a long time Avast! user and I'm having some troubles with GrimeFighter.  I'm also not here to rant/rave, I'm here to get some more information and see if there are things I can try before entering in a support ticket.

I've had no troubles with installing it or with it booting up at all, the problem seems to happen when the program gets to about the halfway mark and then all of a sudden it claims that my WiFi connection is unstable and then just stops functioning entirely.  Now I'm going to admit that I have to deal with Comcast as an ISP, not my first choice really but hey whatever, and that in the past their Telephone/WiFi combo routers are not the most reliable pieces of equipment but for GrimeFighter to be as consistent as it is I suspect that it's not liking either my hardware or my WiFi.

If it helps narrow things down I have a Rosewill RNX-N300X PCI Wireless card, I run Windows 7 Ultimate as well.

So has anyone else run in to this issue before?

dryheat8590

Re: GrimeFighter and unstable WiFi
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 12:36:28 AM »
I recently installed Grimefighter as well. Mine says my PC is sedated then gives me the message" Grimefighter needs an internet connection"
Problem is my mouse pointer is gone and PC freezes up so I can't hit the Refresh button. I also tried going with a wired connection and the same thing happens.
HELP!!!