Author Topic: positive after negative/update  (Read 1967 times)

al2

positive after negative/update
« on: April 22, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »
Upon reflection  I'd like to correct the unfair (but jokey) comparison i made about Avast's size now cf 2008 - OFF COURSE Avast has ENDLESS more functions now, even choosing the "bare bones" version, then it did. I don't think the shields were around in 2008 from looking at the TIB image - at  least an increased population of PC users infers a larger number/size of definition, I'm not sure if virus defs are accumulative - if you take away old definitions how can you be sure of comebacks or would that lead to impractical size of defs so its depend on reinstating old virus defs with the framework that used to create defs for new threats - thus signature based threat protection has a time lag while 0 day "real time"(?) threat protection like the behaviour shield (now part of the file shield) doesn't in nature.

I'd be interested if there are significant nos of users of olders vers of Avast because of the impracticality of using a vers hardly half a year out of date (but thankfully very similar to previous version 8 set up/function + so little time spent of knowledge accumulation/learning curve - where have most of the shields gone? Where the hell is the virus chest - even after "discovering" the full range of shrcuts there must be  conventional access to what at least used to be one of the most important parts of the program - there is but it gets MAJOR demotion; 1 of a number of undifferentiated boxes in the submenu of a submenus).

Talking about defs - re Avast 8 in my setup, I gave up after copying over an Avast drive image, uninstalls/reinstalls, clean uninstall to have the same results that Avast 8 completely stopped doing ANY "house cleaning" + removing old definitions,inspired me to upgrade to Av 2013 which did the trick + in addition, especially since i criticised Avast's size in my initial post,the new foot print is HALF THE SIZE of Avast8 with the same setup :) Instead of its own partition having a microscopic slice of purple it now has a BEAMING half a piece - naturally i dont know if the reason for its own XP partition, that it caused errors in System Restore so it would not complete a restore + rollback any changes it made, has been fixed or not but there no reason to risk it and find out.

...er sorry for the  jobs/Apple 'rambling,' > moved  to post 2 with excessive post length, back to Avast the new GUI is vastly improved - more old windows GUI intuition but still some 8 style + more small scale/granular designs details for the sensitivity of a mouse, none of the dumb , gormless GUI of 8 that the opening window of Avast 8 typified (for people whose whole computing need is answered by the iPhone etc clearly their multitasking ability   dwarf mine -while using the PC + internet is too consuming of my attention to talk sincerely,navigate, buy a product with thought etc . In a STRIKING UNIQUE Avast like style that's usually a part of its history are the new blue/blue + orange icon designs - the 3D folding of the notification icon -the pulsing outer edge of the circle combined with perimeter line indicating progress of scans :)

edit; PS i know subjectivity is not that valuable for such an observation but somehow it seems EVEN faster too than previous versions - certainly the rest of my hardware/software remains the same.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:01:39 AM by al2 »

al2

Re: positive after negative/update
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 05:14:54 AM »
(Apple/Jobs) ramble - well I've written it now + it might get a tiny bit moderated on the Apple forum   ;)

After the god horrible 8 ( god horrible :D) style GUI  - but I still INFINITELY prefer M$ to change and make mistakes + grow rather than STAGNATE like crApple now ( so thankfully in hindsight we can see Jobs mind was an intractable part of Apple's (now ultimately terminally dying) success + thats as DEAD as the recipient he ROBBED that liver from (as explained the medical FACTS in my last post - its all confirmed in a certain Apple fan + blatantly genuine oncologist, Orac, read his appropriate blog entries about the medical contraindicated (ie pointlessness/waste) nature of Jobs liver transplantation for NB (pancreatic) insulinoma NOT heptacellular cancer the fanbois deluded their ignorant + science free research (along with technology choosing  ;) ) consciences with (which contradictorily to the progress + nature of insulinoma, transplant IS a medically viable/"indicated" treatment option for such cancer type) ;

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/06/22/whats-wrong-with-steve-jobs-revisited/

Orac;
 "For the consideration of a liver transplant, a patient must have multiple lesions in multiple lobes of the liver that are too numerous even to be cooked by RFA or frozen by cryo. Moreover, there can be no evidence of tumor anywhere other than in the liver. If there is evidence of tumor spread anywhere other than in the liver, then even liver transplant would not help."

Thus end stage liver failure  indicated emergency of his liver transplant but the very nature of the advanced + aggressive insulinoma to result in that very liver state MEDICALLY NEGATED that option = Game Over Jobs ie without the $$ PAID for (V.)bent  :o surgeon + hospital he should have died back then instead of the wretched cancer filled year or two being too ill to even work the majority of the time he got out of it behind  the usual crAppple  hyperbole  :-[

QED

-------

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2009/06/25/whats-wrong-with-steve-jobs-yes-jobs-did/

Orac;
"If that is the case, and his end stage liver disease was due to his liver being chock full of insulinoma, then I’d be very worried that it won’t be long before it recurs in the new liver."

QUELLE SURPRISE in 2 years time Jobs unprecedented rate of death proves him right! (behind the usual bollocks/crAppple deceits - 'he takin a 'chair' on the board though they assuredly point out Jobs immortality, with a STR8 face, STILL after THOSE pap snaps go public yeah only in a coffin i thought at the time (those pap shots that Apple fanbois flat out denied en mass at the time as anything but fake with their detailed diagrams   of Photoshopping/"manipulation " despite their blatantly convincing (small) details  :-X :chokes:  or just the medical likeliness of Jobs actual reason for his symptoms over the past couple of years + that Apple blatantly deny them )ALL THE DELUSION says it ALL ANYTIME previously or in the future about Apple + fanbois. eg   Jobs "looks like has ravaging illness like cancer" "a small cold" says Apple "PR" = BORN YESTERDAY - INSULT to intelligence  :-[- surprised they didn't keep his death secret + use a immortal CGI  to flog their failing to be sold as well, usual lacking/broken product function (the horror of the broken beta tester that was the iPhone 3G that Apple buried/customer long term memory probs but you cant delete all the SCREAMS drowning out everything from forums the web over at that time (Apple's own forum puts its all its thread on the 3G in one thread as its easier to er moderate(cue mass deletions of negative IPhone 3G posts - thats the immoral/ZERO integrity way to deal with it) with PLUS STAY silence despite the epic FAILURE any other company even M$ would instant recall, release software update that assumes/insults DUMBNESS of customers "fixes" product by increasing signal strength sensitivity by orders of magnitude of detection software as cant fix the actual broken hardware they stole/instead paying patent for + slapped together hoping it would work BEFORE release to public!!!!  Result pair of paper cups + string(even TOO short) still more effective "phone" than the 3G  ;D)  fanbois do PR job of beating customers with problem down - who uses a mobile as a phone anyway ? they answer (long before the kids of today just txted each other)

Do crApple they EVER have any grace or dignity even with Jobs demise.... OFF COURSE NOT - they withhold his death announcement by a day (it happened to clash with exact release day of an iPhone (4?) you can tell by the looks on that day, of his crap Apple destroying replacement  Mr.Cook's, face, they then used his DEATH to flog the thing "BUY the iPHONE $$$$$ - COMMEMORATE Jobs life" :puke smiley:

Thats  Mr. " Thinner is better" Cook ...the new thin, repeat rinse recycle, more propaganda - 100 thing to do with an EXTRA WHOLE INCH desk space 1) It LOOKS better (but only from certain angles) U R  TOLD,2.Thats all that matters - BUY NOW! 3.er etc  IMacs HOTTER + most  unfeasibly badly thermodynamically design EVER by clueless artist(dont mention hardware upgrading - good string puppet skills required - you bought the useless even as door stops, they're NOT meant to be PCs pun intended (easy + cheap to upgrade) U R meant to be ripped off iSHEEP) (just see Intels "suitcase" version  to see how unbelievably badly designed Imcas STILL are ( ie BEFORE THE WHEEL LMAO!+ :dropjaw:  (Intels vers sound, heat, ease of hardware upgrade cf )'not overheating going over 100'C Macs!!!! + tech ignorants even believe when told this HA HA! ANYWAY it LOOKS better  that only matters U have been TOLD - NOW overspend on our disgustingly overpriced hardware/software  especially since Mac OS has successfully ported to windows + STILL not enough are desperate enough to bother with it,still too insultingly dumb for  EVEN for the size/breadth of Win base PLUS for FREE :ROTFLMAO smilie:)

------

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124546193182433491.html

Given such a dire prognosis i question the decisions/motive of the transplant surgeon, his claim he would only operate on a patient who’s body was cancer free outside their liver yet their cancer come backs in force and kills their former patient a couple of years later, his greed seems greater than his Hippocratic oath – i hope Jobs premature death initiates an investigation into this surgeon + the Hospital he worked at which has also used active deception instead of integrity to protects Jobs’ privacy – reported to a journalist with the deceptive “never been a patient” when he was!, instead of the conventional “no comment” as reported in the following article;

http://www.forbes.com/2009/06/24/hospital-lies-about-jobs-technology-forbes.html

Surely it show how much of the media are on crApple pay $$$ role not to have investigated such gross SCREWING over of the scientific method not to mention the Hippocratic oath?

for which, the gross scientific morality + propaganda/outright bare faced lies from alleged $$$$ scientists, was worse than EVEN usual from those on Job pay role at the time) 

...stagnate like Mac OS eg which might as well be Linux** in the time it takes to get working error free drivers for any technology that hasn't been in use for at LEAST the LAST DECADE **but at least aren't fleeced out of  their mind for antiquation. That's Linux  even whose creator Linus Torvalds has stated Linux makes a EPIC FAILURE of a desktop + "after years of competition with Windows its dwarfed the previous monopoly......" <snip> delusions of day dreaming  linux/Mac/<insert own inanely clueless def here>fan boy ...... HOW many TIMES have they said this in the past - how much credibility have they lost by doing so - do they even care?..too busy living a fantasy :(