Author Topic: AFTER SEDATION PC FREEZES  (Read 8630 times)

dryheat8590

AFTER SEDATION PC FREEZES
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:57:24 AM »
After hitting Optimize My PC the program begins and sedates my PC, but after sedation I get a message:
"grimefighter requires internet connection."
Please refresh below, toggle wifi or connect with cable.
Problem is there is no mouse pointer on screen to hit refresh bar, pc freezes up and I can't toggle wifi and I have tried restarting with a wired connection and same results.
I am very frustrated and extremely disappointed in this product. I haven't been able to use it since I paid for it.

PLEASE HELP!!!! >:(

Acer house

Re: AFTER SEDATION PC FREEZES
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 11:01:31 PM »
I have exactly the same problem and Avast customer service ( I use this term loosely ) has no idea and they now have stoped replying to my ticket, like you i now have a worthless piece of junk  :-\

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 06:33:13 PM »
You all need to start the process for a refund.
If the product is not worthy, your power is in the $$
Get it back!

kerseb

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 03:12:40 PM »
Get it back!

Refund ??? But a whole lot of people didn't actually pay for this product : they simply clicked a link in a popup message sent from Avast !! Now they have computers they can't use !! And not everyone is computer literate enough to get in there and mess with the boot files !

kerseb

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »
Get it back!

Refund ??? But a whole lot of people didn't actually pay for this product : they simply clicked a link in a popup message sent from Avast !! Now they have computers they can't use !! And not everyone is computer literate enough to get in there and mess with the boot files !

kerseb

Agreed. :-\

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 03:21:50 AM »
I said this before in another part of the forum but these posts about grimefighter messing peoples computers up are ridiculous.This software grimefighter should not be out there for the public and to boot no help from avast?Im sorry to say this but your computer has not been sedated by grimefighter its been EUTHANIZED by grimefighter.Good luck

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 03:34:19 PM »
Get it back!

kerseb

These are two different things.  You only boot into GrimeFighter after purchase.  Clicking the link simply does a quick scan of your PC to identify grime (issues) on the device.  That alone shouldn't cause any PC issues and we haven't had a ticket opened yet in that regard

Acer house

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 11:13:46 AM »
Get it back!

kerseb

These are two different things.  You only boot into GrimeFighter after purchase.  Clicking the link simply does a quick scan of your PC to identify grime (issues) on the device.  That alone shouldn't cause any PC issues and we haven't had a ticket opened yet in that regard
I beg to differ there Davidek because I have  like many others said that it does cause issues and makes your desktop/laptop a worthless peice of junk which you cant alter because GF has taken over