Author Topic: How come it says my avast firewall is turned off when I update it?  (Read 1657 times)

Avast332

First off sorry for making another thread but figure'd I should since this is a different topic at hand that I have an issue with.

Anyway I finally decided to just update the avast cause it was annoying the heck out of me. So I did the update and my question is why is it that every time I update it myself and click update that when it is done. It says My fire wall is turned off?

I was gonna ask this question a few weeks back but forgot to since I have't updated it my self manually in a while and usually wait for it to do it itself.

And then you know it makes me restart my comp and what not and the usual and then it's fine.

But I am curious why does it turn off the firewall once I update it. It turns it self back on once my comp is restarted but my concern is is that it get's temporarily turned off. I don't want it to temporarily turned off. I want to be protected at all times  :)

Anyways please let me know if anyone knows why, and thank you :)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 06:55:13 AM by Avast332 »

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: How come it says my avast firewall is turned off when I update it?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 03:06:44 PM »
Probably due to changes in the firewall driver, which can only be done during a reboot