Author Topic: problem with my ipod!  (Read 2900 times)

Edwards

problem with my ipod!
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:06:46 PM »
 I got a new Ipod for my birthday and it arrived today, so i tried to set it up...when installing the software, it gets to the point where it asks to connect the Ipod, it finds it, then it wants to format it. When you select to format it, the installation fails and thats that.

Any idea why this could be happening? Not had much luck looking elsewhere.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: problem with my ipod!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 04:11:37 PM »
I think this post does not belong to General Topics of avast! forum  :-[
Maybe the Off Topic... maybe into your iPod manufacturer site...
The best things in life are free.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 12:07:35 AM »
Yes, there must be some free technical support number (toll-free) or at least e-mail support. Try there. If you paid for the product, they have to help you.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2005, 03:49:07 AM »
actually support depends on if it is an apple ipod or a iPod + HP model.

if its an Apple model (which works on Mac or windows) the solution is to download the latest iPod updater and use the restore option. the updater can be downloaded at the link below (be sure to choose the windows version)

http://www.apple.com/ipod/download/

also use the latest version of itunes
http://www.apple.com/itunes/

if it is one of those HP models you need to call HP as they use some wierd firmware version.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 03:50:48 AM by .: Mac :. »
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay