Author Topic: Grime Fighter Will Not Run: "There is no active Windows Installation..."  (Read 10383 times)

mmmarzio

This morning I purchased Grime Fighter as an addon to Avast Premium (with Win7, 64bits).

When I click on "Optimize", it seems to begin working, but then the cartoon characters tell me "Mission Cancelled" (I'm translating the French message to English  since I live in France with French Windows). "Impossible to run on this computer. There is no active Windows Installation, or your Hard Drives are encrypted."

This information is not accurate in my opinion. Acronis Disk Director tells me that my disks are active and healthy with no indication of disk encryption. And Windows is active, since I am writing this message in the Windows in question.

I've been a happy user of the free version of Avast since the 1990s. Now that I have decided to pay for extra protection, I experience my first Avast problems.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
From everything I've read, GrimeFighter has major issues.
I do not use it and would not use anything that doesn't give "DETAILS" on what is being cleaned and why.

mmmarzio

Thanks schmidthouse,

I noticed that nobody was quick to reply, maybe scratching their heads, but at the same time I was thinking that maybe there is some sort of major flaw in the present state of my Windows 7 workstation. I really don't know what to think.

Should I keep on searching for a solution, I ask myself, or should I ask for a refund?

Thanks a million for your reply,

Mike

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Thanks schmidthouse,

I noticed that nobody was quick to reply, maybe scratching their heads, but at the same time I was thinking that maybe there is some sort of major flaw in the present state of my Windows 7 workstation. I really don't know what to think.

Should I keep on searching for a solution, I ask myself, or should I ask for a refund?

Thanks a million for your reply,

Mike

You're welcome.

I would recommend reading as much about GrimeFighter and user experiences as possible.
Make absolutely sure you understand and are CONFIDENT that this added module will do what you want it to do SAFELY and Effectively.
If not then a Refund would be my advice. :)

mmmarzio

GrimeFighter doesn't even start.
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
I'd REALLY like to read about GrimeFighter and user experiences as much as possible. Unfortunately, I have to work. I"m just one guy, not a company, and my present client doesn't give a s_ _ t about my little problems.  People like me usually give up, and let the inferior product take my money while I simply uninstall it completely.

phylray

Grimefighter will not download on my Windows Vista and I have tried several times to cancel the order and get a refund
but not getting any response.  They have cancelled automatic renewal.  What do I have to do?

mmmarzio

I don't know, phylray,

I sent Avast an email, to avast.fr@digitalriver.com - requesting a refund. But it's the weekend, so I don't expect a reply until next week. I've always had a lot of respect for their anti-virus software, and I was a happy user of the free version for about 20 years before buying the premium version, and then the Grime Fighter. It's hard to imagine that they will neither try to help me get it working or refund me if they can't help me, but who knows?

Did you write to the same email address? The email address above (avast.fr@digitalriver.com) is the one which included confirmation of my order and my password, but maybe we should write to a different service??  Maybe someone here will know.

Good luck!

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
I don't know, phylray,

I sent Avast an email, to avast.fr@digitalriver.com - requesting a refund. But it's the weekend, so I don't expect a reply until next week. I've always had a lot of respect for their anti-virus software, and I was a happy user of the free version for about 20 years before buying the premium version, and then the Grime Fighter. It's hard to imagine that they will neither try to help me get it working or refund me if they can't help me, but who knows?

Did you write to the same email address? The email address above (avast.fr@digitalriver.com) is the one which included confirmation of my order and my password, but maybe we should write to a different service??  Maybe someone here will know.

Good luck!

You've done what is necessary and patience now is a virtue, however, if you don't receive a reply within a reasonable?? amount of time you could try this:
http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php

I'll keep an eye on this thread. ;)

Acer house

I have sent a message thank you but I dont hold out much hope of regaining control of my PC

mmmarzio

Grimefighter will not download on my Windows Vista and I have tried several times to cancel the order and get a refund
but not getting any response.  They have cancelled automatic renewal.  What do I have to do?

I received and email message from the online store Customer Service, giving me the correct procedure to follow:

"URL: https://support.avast.com

Click on: Submit a Ticket
Choose avast! Customer Service
Select: I am an existing avast! customer and...
Click on: I purchased teh wrong productor the wrong quantity of yhe
purchased items
Enter your avast! Customer Number, if you don't have it, click on: Skip
this field
Enter you Purchase (order) id: xxxxxxxxxxxx"

Offline Davidek

• Avast team
  • Poster
Hi All,

It usually takes about 7-10 days to process refund requests.  Of course, we are really sorry that the product hasn't worked to your expectations and has caused you to seek a refund.  We are aware of a few bugs and hope to have a fix released early next week.

If you have already opened a ticket for a refund, please be patient.  It is definitely in our system and will not be ignored.

Sincerely,

GrimeFighter team